• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I recently purchased an MKE AP5 and I made it to the range this evening. loaded a few mags with 115 gr fmj's and one mag with a mixture of hp's. somewhere around 250 rds later 0 malfunctions with MKE mags. this thing is a smooth shooter. very different manual of arms for me but will practice and with time will become second nature. for the money the MKE is hard to beat in my opinion. if you have an opportunity to get one I would not hesitate in doing so. I have the AP5 and I'm already thinking in buying an AP5P. I need to find a good deal on a red dot.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I recently purchased an MKE AP5 and I made it to the range this evening. loaded a few mags with 115 gr fmj's and one mag with a mixture of hp's. somewhere around 250 rds later 0 malfunctions with MKE mags. this thing is a smooth shooter. very different manual of arms for me but will practice and with time will become second nature. for the money the MKE is hard to beat in my opinion. if you have an opportunity to get one I would not hesitate in doing so. I have the AP5 and I'm already thinking in buying an AP5P. I need to find a good deal on a red dot.
    Given these come factory with the polymer sef style trigger housing and have extras like the claw mount, sling and flash hider...i wouldn't mind finding an ap5 myself sometime or even the k.

For the money if you want a decent red dot for the price, look into the Sig Romeo 5.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    For the money if you want a decent red dot for the price, look into the Sig Romeo 5
    Agreed. Lightweight, decently reliable, great battery life, motion-activated, and cheap. We have them on our work rifles, and I'll admit that I was skeptical when they first gave them to us, but so far they've given me no reason to complain. I've actually bought a couple for my own guns.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Agreed. Lightweight, decently reliable, great battery life, motion-activated, and cheap. We have them on our work rifles, and I'll admit that I was skeptical when they first gave them to us, but so far they've given me no reason to complain. I've actually bought a couple for my own guns.
    Didn't they update the Romeo 5 not to long ago? IIRC they improved on it. I just can't remember what it was. Then again I might be thinking of something else.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Didn't they update the Romeo 5 not to long ago? IIRC they improved on it. I just can't remember what it was. Then again I might be thinking of something else.
    Not sure. The most recent one I bought is identical to the first one I have, and works the same. I'd personally rather have something a little more robust for a serious rifle (my personal HD AR has an Aimpoint PRO on it), but the Romeo is what they issued us so I'm stuck with it at work, and so far it's not given me a reason to complain.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I got mine included in a trade awhile back and have been pleased with it so far.

One upgrade for the Romeo 5 I would highly suggest is the Midwest Industries QD mount for the Aimpoint T1. It is night and day difference for mounting the optic to a rifle/pistol.

I wouldn't be surprised, I recently called them about a replacement battery cover for the 5 because mine is a little scuffed up but was told they were none available.

However I do recall seeing them for sale on their site so it makes me wonder as well.

If they really have been discontinued....I may have to look at buying a few more.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    If they did update it, I hope they made the bezels around the lenses deeper. My one compliant about the Romeo5 is that there's no good way to install flip-up scope covers. The bikini-style cover that it comes with sucks for anything that you want to deploy into immediate use, and there's not enough real estate on the bezels to mount flip-up covers. I found some that sorta fit and stuck them on there with super glue, but it's not ideal, they still fall off occasionally, and it's definitely something they should have considered in the original design.

Top Bottom