• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I (think) I know that BCM is taking a break from building clones, but if not them, then who?

Monty rocks but I know he has little in stock as he fills OEMs and focuses on the new shop (be advised I bought 2 bcgs from him last month) and he goes with the Mod 1.

Looking for a Mod 0 (I know, wedding present for Nephew #4) upper.

I am married to PRI, yes? https://www.precisionreflex.com/146-upper-assemblies

Maybe? Anyone out there that I am missing? TIA.

Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    Grant Co
    For a Mod 0 I would look no further than PRI. I hear they are lasers, like the Mod 1 myself but they both are pieces of art...I mean history.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I had the PRI upper and loved it. I sold it a couple years ago really regret it. If you want to save a little money you could build one around BA's MK12 spr barrel. A friend built one last year with the BA barrel his aem5 fit with no problems, and it was pretty accurate.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    *laughs in cloner*

Oh, no, you see, you want Compass Lake for accuracy, he wants PRI for . . . other reasons.

*throws wallet on floor* Dammit!
    Call me simple, I don't get the PRI......and yes I do shoot compass lake , white oak & RRA, can't help it, it's a camp perry service rifle (and match rifle) thing....

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Is no one going to mention that you are an incredible uncle?? Didn’t you also buy each nephew a rifle for their eighteenth birthday?

If only we could all have uncles like Kirk!

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Came across these during some research a while back. Don’t know much about em.

I love the mk12 concept. I ended up building one myself. Not as clone correct as these. But it’s an 18” black hole rifle length HBAR that I turned down to .750. Free floating in a 12 inch lightweight rail, 1-8 Strike Eagle on top. Then a fixed ACE skeleton stock behind it all. Shooting home brew mk262 loads it’s a sub minute shooter. IMG_01341.jpg

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Is no one going to mention that you are an incredible uncle?? Didn’t you also buy each nephew a rifle for their eighteenth birthday?

If only we could all have uncles like Kirk!
    Niece too. First .22, first deer rifle at 13, rifle at graduation (usually AR, #2 wanted G3), pistols at 21.

Overcompensating for the work I put in to buy guns when I was that age.

Anywho, I shall continue to look. Thanks for all your help, guys.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Last edited:

Gypsy31

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    Newburgh
    I bought the barrel for my Mod 1 from HCS. I would not hesitate to do business with them again. Kevin responded via phone in a very timely manner.
    It appears that they build Recce uppers so the barrel length would be the same as the Mod H. It may depend on how clone correct you are looking for. The PRI handguard for the Mod H is still available so obtaining the parts for the build wouldn't be as difficult as trying to find the Knight's Armament quad rail for the Mod 1 or NSW Recce.
    Definitely give HCS a call.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I thought AJ retired or moved on! Holy Toledo! Love what I learn on INGO, lol.

Will he do a Mod H too?

AJ might have retired, but Kevin was his business partner. I dealt with Kevin on my build and he was top notch. Had a little delay with the barrel, but communication was very clear. Can’t be happier with HCS and would definitely reach out to them about a upper. If he is sticking with 5.56, the parts might be on the shelf.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I bought the barrel for my Mod 1 from HCS. I would not hesitate to do business with them again. Kevin responded via phone in a very timely manner.
    It appears that they build Recce uppers so the barrel length would be the same as the Mod H. It may depend on how clone correct you are looking for. The PRI handguard for the Mod H is still available so obtaining the parts for the build wouldn't be as difficult as trying to find the Knight's Armament quad rail for the Mod 1 or NSW Recce.
    Definitely give HCS a call.
    Clone correct rating=B/B-, spirit, not screw and spring numbers, controls. From what I understand listening to Monty's interview, there was a lot of deviation from the "norm" on the O, H, and 1. Master Chief/SGM cannot yell at them if he does not see kind of thing.

I mean I built a C8A3 which was an A+ but then I actually USED that awful charging handle that the Canadians have, sold it immediately, bought a Radian and lived my life.

Gypsy31

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    Newburgh
    Clone correct rating=B/B-, spirit, not screw and spring numbers, controls. From what I understand listening to Monty's interview, there was a lot of deviation from the "norm" on the O, H, and 1. Master Chief/SGM cannot yell at them if he does not see kind of thing.
    Totally understand. Just wondering because I think HCS uses a Douglas 16” barrel. From what I read, the Mod H used a 16” Noveske. Both are 16” match grade barrels that are profiled for the Ops Inc or AEM5 suppressor, so I think it would satisfy the spirit of being clone correct.

Definitely keep us updated, I’m interested to hear what you find out from HCS or upper you pick up.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Totally understand. Just wondering because I think HCS uses a Douglas 16” barrel. From what I read, the Mod H used a 16” Noveske. Both are 16” match grade barrels that are profiled for the Ops Inc or AEM5 suppressor, so I think it would satisfy the spirit of being clone correct.

Definitely keep us updated, I’m interested to hear what you find out from HCS or upper you pick up.
    Sent e-mail. Hopefully can get this done before the wedding or he may end up with something from the safes, but all my stuff is utility infielder, not specialized pitcher.

Top Bottom