• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You cried crocodile tears when I incorrectly spoke of an NRA endorsement.

I am simply applying INGO standard equally.

Ron Paul endorsed Mitt Romney in his secret alliance with him and thus believes in everything Mitt Romney has done or will do.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Likely. I would remove your brain bucket every 20 minutes or so. If not you'll be saying things like "everyone in Congress is corrupt and a sell out and then telling how cool Ron Paul is" or "there no evidence that another politician is corrupt, but he is".:rolleyes::D

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Likely. I would remove your brain bucket every 20 minutes or so. If not you'll be saying things like "everyone in Congress is corrupt and a sell out and then telling how cool Ron Paul is" or "there no evidence that another politician is corrupt, but he is".:rolleyes::D

My only brain bucket is my Hi-Point camo hat that I'll be buried in once the aliens attack or my planning fails me during a SHTF event. I don't believe that ALL politicians are sell outs or corrupt but we do have plenty of proof that too many are a bit corrupt. As a Ron Paul supporter, I'd have to say he is the opposite of cool but that fairly dorky old guy and I share similar values (not on everything though). I would also like to see evidence that this other politician isn't corrupt...until I see it, this other guy might as well be (I'll let you take your pick...current or historic politically corrupt d-bags). Btw, I'm not really sure who this "another politician" is but I want his head on a stick.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was so pissed when it came out that he had money in overseas accounts to avoid taxes and had the ba@#% to say it's legal, therefore theres nothing wrong with it that I couldn't put 2 sentences together for 10 minutes. When I finally got it together the wife asked if I had terets.:xmad::bat::bash:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I was so pissed when it came out that he had money in overseas accounts to avoid taxes and had the ba@#% to say it's legal. . .
    Why :dunno:

It is legal. It is legal. It is legal.

Secondly, he didn't have that much money in those accounts.

Third, if you have a Mutual Fund as part of any retirement program/union pension/401k then its likely that you too have money invested overseas.

redlegrod

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Why :dunno:

It is legal. It is legal. It is legal.

Secondly, he didn't have that much money in those accounts.

Third, if you have a Mutual Fund as part of any retirement program/union pension/401k then its likely that you too have money invested overseas.

I would agree 100%. So what if he has money overseas. Who am I to judge what he does with his money. If it's legal who should care?

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana

They are all ****ing criminals. But apparently it really doesn't matter, because we (the people) keep voting them into office. We shall see how much money plays a factor in Nov. Romney has more so...... he should obviously win:dunno: right?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I would agree 100%. So what if he has money overseas. Who am I to judge what he does with his money. If it's legal who should care?
    But, but.... we NEED the class warfare angle. If he has this wealth the only way he could have obtained it is by stealing it from others. We all know wealth isn't created.:rolleyes:
    YUP it is all about CLASS WARFARE.

Personally I like it that there are people who have more than me, it gives me something to aspire to attain.

I see no reason to knock down someone who has more, taking them down to my level does nothing to raise me up to their level. It just takes them down. What I am looking for is upward mobility. I want my daughter to have more than I do, and her kids to have more than she does. Or at very least the opportunity to attain those things, and all without taking it away from someone else.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    YUP it is all about CLASS WARFARE.

Personally I like it that there are people who have more than me, it gives me something to aspire to attain.

I see no reason to knock down someone who has more, taking them down to my level does nothing to raise me up to their level. It just takes them down. What I am looking for is upward mobility. I want my daughter to have more than I do, and her kids to have more than she does. Or at very least the opportunity to attain those things, and all without taking it away from someone else.

As I recall, this USED to be known as "the American Dream." Its now more of a nightmare. The government dares you to be successful so they can penalize you and sick the zombie sheep on you. Then they compain when you have the audacity to try to prevent the theft of your hard earned money by sending some overseas.

Maybe LionWeight should get some American dream and realize he's just been duped by the thieves.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The part about the overseas bank accounts doesn't matter by itself.

But when he goes around saying he wants to have a larger military and more wars, but doesn't feel patriotic enough to pay American taxes to pay for them... That annoys me.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Yep, tried that. But when the real estate market tanked in MI and the wife lost her job and couldn't find another I called the bank to see if we could work something out since I had been there 20 years and never been late on a payment. 3 years before the bubble burst we took out an equity loan and put a 2nd story on the house, and a 3 car garage. When we did the value of the home was just over 190K. When all else happened and my value dropped to 89K. My 1st lender told me there was nothing they could do until we were 3 months late. Second lender (equity loan) said too bad, won't do anything. Wouldn't work with us on a short sale either so couldn't sell the house for what I owed. Got a job transfer that paid more money to cover what my wife was making and moved to IN. Had to go bankrupt on a home I had until that time never missed a payment on. Banks got their buyout, bank presidents got bonuses. I got a bone us. See in order to keep from being late on my mortgage, I emptied my 401k trying not to be like everyone else. Where did it get me? Nowhere, I still lost my house and now even my 401k.:xmad:

The banks that caused the bubble to burst in the first place got their bonuses. Who got duped by what thieves?

Keep your LionWeight should get some of the American dream comments to yourself. You have no idea what your talking about.

I won't pretend to know what you've been thru and won't comment on that but... was it the banks that caused the bubble to burst, or was it caused by misguided governmental intrusion and regulation? I use the word misguided trying to remain civil.:xmad:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    The banks that caused the bubble to burst in the first place got their bonuses. Who got duped by what thieves?

I believe that you are sadly mistaken and laying the blame at the feet of the wrong institution. It was NOT the banks that caused the bubble or the burst of it, rather it was the GOVERNMENT that created it and then burst it. Trace it all back to the CRA (Community Reinvestment Act) conceived and instituted by the government.

Your problems are are unfortunate but Romeny didn't cause them. Nor did he (or anyone else) who invested in anything that was held overseas.

HOW THE CRA created the housing bubble & then burst it => http://articles.businessinsider.com...ge-standards-lending-standards-mortgage-rates

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Why would anyone pay more taxes than they are legally obligated to pay?

No one except tax experts knows enough about taxes to manage that part of your expenses.

You hire accountants and tax attornies to tell you what you have to pay to stay legal. They look at the laws and come up with strategies so you pay the least amount possible. Just like your accountant does if you use an accountant, or just like you do when you do your own taxes.

No one ever gets mad at someone else for taking the personal deduction. It doesn't make any more sense to get mad at someone for a tax strategy that attempts to pay the least amount that is legal.

And to answer Rambone's issue, are you saying that if you support a larger military and you're for a particular war that you disagree with, you're somehow obligated to pay more taxes than you're required to pay?

I don't understand the problem with this at all.

Top Bottom