• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    While it looks bad publicity wise, it was a gotcha question with no winning answer.
    Ron Paul had the winning answer. Do not enforce unconstitutional laws.

Didn't actually watch the videos but, this is from 2008? If so what possible bearing could this have in 2012 Presidential race? Answer.... NONE
    I have dug back as far as the 1960s to expose Newt Gingrich and his statist resume. It needs to be looked at.

Everyone EXCEPT Ron Paul I guess. He's hands off from what's been said here on INGO by many.
    That does not seem to be the case in the many anti-Ron Paul threads on INGO. Research away.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvUziSfMwAw[/ame]

Too bad he's been sending his DoJ minions and states attorneys after medical marijuana dispensaries. He thinks it's OK, but doesn't want anyone to actually be able to buy it or grow it. At least he was halfway there, unlike Bush and Romney, who'd much rather see you die in pain than smoke weed. And no, it wasn't a "gotcha" question. It was just a question which a douchebag answered. Not even a hat tip towards the 10th Amendment.

And yes, people and clinicians were arrested under Bush by his regime.
    http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.source.php?sourceID=1554

He said he supported states rights to decide, then arrested people.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/campaigns/wh2000/stories/bush102299.htm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Ok, watched the 2007 Romney video,:rolleyes: it was a set up. Who is asking Romney if he's going to answer the man's question? From what I saw Romney did, both guys just didn't like his answer.

Definite Gotcha question.

Was it still a "gotcha" question when it was asked to Paul?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Or Bush or Obama? This is the new rallying cry (via Palin) for refusing to answer questions by those in the gop.

So anything you didnt prep for beforehand is a gotcha question right? Im just trying to understand this, because i have no idea what a gotcha question really is.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So anything you didnt prep for beforehand is a gotcha question right? Im just trying to understand this, because i have no idea what a gotcha question really is.
    Pretty much. Any question that could force you to speak about a stance or that you're speaking about from ignorance, is a gotcha question to these people. Gives them, and their supporters a warm fuzzy feeling that they've caught out the evil people in the media.

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    With the exception of Ron Paul, none of these guys give a crap whether medical marijuana is legal or not. I doubt they care whether recreational marijuana is legal, as it should be. Their positions on minor issues like this one are purely political.

Romney is against it, Obama is for it, the law enforcement machine will enforce it because that's what they do, enforce whatever idiotic laws are passed. The more they enforce, the more budget money they get.

Romney is no more heartless for being against it than Obama is for being "for" it yet enforcing the laws against it.

Ron Paul is right on this issue like he is on so many others. For all the actual good it will do us.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

It was a fair question - shoot, they are all fair, just like the questions about Paul's newsletters, after all these guys don't just ask for this process, they beg for it - but a gotcha question is one set up to leave a person with no good answer. This can be done to anyone, from Paul to Obama to anyone else. It's fair, but it's not particularly revealing. It's just satisfying if you don't like the guy.

What is a lot more telling than these kind of questions or the answers to them is that they reveal the bias of their supporters. When you see someone squawking about how fair it is in one instance and how unfair in another, you can evaluate whether their reasoning is good or if they are just like everyone else who supports a particular candidate.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I just don't get it.

How is an 80 pound wheel chair bound man with MS a criminal, much less a threat for smoking/eating a naturally occurring and growing plant?

I can't figure out how anyone could think society of justice would be served by placing that man in a cage at the expense of taxpayers. THOSE are the people who are threat to America, the people who want to lock this man in a cage.

I hate fascists.

They hate you more.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    That is disgusting. Forget for a moment that Romney is running for POTUS, if you saw a normal guy blow off someone in a wheelchair who is clearly very sick, you'd think he was either a d**k or a jerk.

Anyone who says Romney looks "presidential" needs to view the callousness of this video. Is that the heartless SOB you want making decisions for you, your family?

I can't rep rambone right now, someone get him for me for digging up these vids.

His hair looks great in that video. That is what gets my vote, isn't it just like American Idol?

That was in 2007, I'm sure Romney has changed his position by now.

Probably 6 or 7 times depending on the audience at the time.

Didn't actually watch the videos but, this is from 2008? If so what possible bearing could this have in 2012 Presidential race? Answer.... NONE

Again, didn't watch the videos but I assume Ron Paul was soooo thoughtful, and expressed such feelings for the man's plight.:rolleyes: Is this what it's come to to try to build up Paul? If in fact he is so popular with voters why stoop to this kind of thing?

Attempting to make everyone else look bad in an attempt to try to make yourself look good is a looser's strategy.:yesway:

Letting people see videos or articles that use direct quotes or show the actual interview that leaves a candidate looking like a d-bag isn't attempting to make someone look bad. It isn't like Romney's videos have been edited to make him look like a fool while taking answers out of context. These people are actually saying and doing these things. If the American public is fine with that after being given the information, well...the general public embarrasses me.

How can we say what somebody said 4 years ago has no bearing on a presidential race now? I believe it does. Romney did somewhat answer the guy by saying that he was against medical marijuana. The question seemed to actually mean would Romney have the feds arrest him even though it was legal in his state. That question was not answered.

Ron Paul in his video for those that did not watch it was questioning why we have all these non violent criminal's locked up for drug offences in the first place. As RP normally says it should be the job of the state to decide what is best for their state. I have to agree with him

Ron Paul for Pres. 2012

Newsletters 20 years ago that someone didn't write has bearing but words directly out of another person's mouth doesn't. It is called trying to justify your vote for yet another person that wants to be a dictator. Some of these people seem borderline insane.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Sorry but it's a "gotcha" question. I'm truly sorry for the man but why would anyone even ask such a stupid question? I can't recall any President having ordered anyone to be arrested for smoking dope. Did LBJ, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, or Obama? Don't think so, so why ask Romney? Gotta wonder WHO put this guy up to it.

While it looks bad publicity wise, it was a gotcha question with no winning answer.

:twocents:

I think it's the lack of any discernible compassion that is the primary issue, at least for me.

Maybe I missed it, but where did it say this was from 2007? I saw that on the RP video but not on Romney. Are we assuming or do we know?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    It is called trying to justify your vote for yet another person that wants to be a dictator. Some of these people seem borderline insane.
    This. ^^^^

I think it's the lack of any discernible compassion that is the primary issue, at least for me.

Maybe I missed it, but where did it say this was from 2007? I saw that on the RP video but not on Romney. Are we assuming or do we know?
    I seem to recall it from the end of the last campaign. It was a big event for the libs and how republicans don't have any compassion.

Top Bottom