• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've got a Makita that a 10" double bevel with a slider. It's got some nice features also like the laser that I actually use to. I absolutely would not hesitate to buy it again, I've been 100% happy with it.
    My dad has a DeWalt that I haven't used a ton but it seems very nice, I used it a few weeks back to cut some butcher block top into some cutting boards and it worked fantastic for how thick it was. If you stick with the major brands I would say you will be ok, but getting a slider and a double bevel are the most important things I'd say. Even if you don't think the features are super important to you, I really think they are worth having.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have three older Porter Cable sanders. A belt, 1/2 sheet and 1/4 sheet. They work great and are stout. I think that is where P-C signed in the day. Sanders.

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    I would definitely stay away from Craftsman. My wife got me a 10" slider a few years ago for Christmas. It does fine on 2x4 but definitely lacks the cutting power I am used to from my time using a mid 90s 12" Dewalt.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I would definitely stay away from Craftsman. My wife got me a 10" slider a few years ago for Christmas. It does fine on 2x4 but definitely lacks the cutting power I am used to from my time using a mid 90s 12" Dewalt.

Yep. Craftsman has really let their quality slip. Used to be a brand name you could count on. Its ashame.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Thanks for the advice. I'm probably getting the Ridgid.

I appreciate the advice on the stand, but I am going to just wait on that as I'm hopefully moving in the next 5 years and don't want to have to move that kind of rig.

Top Bottom