• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Something is up. There are just too many establishment freaks suddenly stepping down at once.
    Not at once, but one of the highest profile. Over 100 republican house members have have left the house rather than be America First. A Trump just took over the RNC and a few days ago and the minority leader in the senate steps down. Hmmmmm…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “McConnell has served as GOP leader since 2007 after serving as party whip since 2003, at which time the U.S. national debt stood at $6.783 trillion. As of Wednesday, that figure stood at $34.405 trillion.”

"[T]he turtle he announced today he's retiring, at least stepping down from his leadership role in the Senate in November. He leaves an extraordinary legacy. I want you to remember this, because when he came to power in 2003, as Senate Majority Whip, he was billed as a fiscal conservative," Just the News Editor-in-Chief John Solomon said on the "Just the News, No Noise" program.”

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I mean, I get I'm supposed to hate him and call him a RINO now days, by the guy was the architect of a SCOTUS majority most of us could only dream of.
    You can make the trains run on time but the people still might not forgive your sins

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Do you really think the turtle will sit on the back bench of the senate for three years after having been the man? That is about as likely as 100 degrees tomorrow…
    I suspect that he is going to use what political capital he has to install a "suitable" replacement to head the Senate GOP, then act as a mentor and guide his replacement down the "proper" path. Remember, Obama may not be President, but he controls the White House. Mitch will not be without power - particularly if his replacement owes his position to him. He will just be working behind the curtain.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Something is up. There are just too many establishment freaks suddenly stepping down at once.

You know that feeling you get when you are sitting on the beach about 10' from the water, and you see the water rushing out to sea, and suddenly you are now a hundred yards from the water's edge but you dont quite understand where the ocean is going? thats kinda how I'm starting to feel right now.

What is the next shoe to drop?
    Soooo, I'm not the only one...

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Better in what way?

His voting record. It's not great, but he ranks above Young (and McCain's historical record) both by "freedom index" and "conservative index". It's also far better than any Democrat. I'm not exactly singing the praises of Mitch McConnell, but am accurately pointing out that there are much worse. McConnell is certainly a "moderate", but are still several more liberal "Republicans". And while I don't particularly love RINOs, they are still a paradigm of virtue compared to any Democrat. There is a wide gulf between "not very good" and "absolutely terrible".

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Heard that John Cornyn is going to try and step up. I knew it would wind up being a step into another pile of dogcrap **** show event. How about Ted Cruz or Mike Lee, no they aren't swampy enough.
    Is that the same treasonous John Cornyn who voted for gun control at the time Bruen was being decided. Perfect. Another reason for term limits. Get these worthless dinosaurs out. I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher. :ingo:

Top Bottom