• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Tuesday on MSNBC’s “All In,” Republican consultant Rick Wilson, who has a long track record of attacking Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump and his supporters, once again took aim at Trump’s supporters...

“Who think Donald Trump is the greatest thing, oh, it’s something,” Wilson said to host Chris Hayes. “But the fact of the matter is, most of them are childless single men who masturbate to anime. They’re not real and political players. These are not people who matter in the overall course of humanity. What’s really driving the Republican Party, though, is still a limited government conservatism that is still a structure built around a government that`s less invasive, less intrusive, less taxes, less government, more freedom. We don’t always get there by a straight line path. We don’t always get there in a direct way. But that is still what drives this party. And there’s also a major part of the party that is still trying to sort itself out on what the balancing test is between the limited government side, the national defense side, the social conservatism side. And I don’t think this other stuff Trump is toying with is really a part of the mainstream conservative movement by any stretch of the imagination.

Right there is plenty to dismiss this man as being either dishonest for personal gain or else too damned stupid to live.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The real problem with Mr. Anime-projection is that most of the polls (I only hesitate to say "all" because I'm not sure I've seen all of them) look to either registered voters or people reporting that they vote.

So, their personal peccadilloes and reading materials don't really matter. There's a decent chance that they vote.

I'm hoping that when they do, the focus on the task at hand.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The real problem with Mr. Anime-projection is that most of the polls (I only hesitate to say "all" because I'm not sure I've seen all of them) look to either registered voters or people reporting that they vote.

So, their personal peccadilloes and reading materials don't really matter. There's a decent chance that they vote.

Exactly. Mr. Anime is disparaging people who are very likely to vote, and also very likely to see that the Republican Party is signally failing to do any of the things he attributes to it, which is the only reason why we are having this discussion in the first place.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting article. Uses graphing to reveal the science behind political science. :)

Free Media Less Helpful to Trump in Iowa | RealClearPolitics

In other words, Iowans have sources of information other than the national media. Second, Iowans are faced with something that national audiences aren’t – a fast-approaching election. They are beginning to tune in and take a hard look at their choices because, unlike Americans nearly everywhere else, they get to vote in the immediate future.

Watching Florida, too. Trump is WAY ahead there. After Iowa, will be interesting to see if that changes.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...I don't know yet if he'll drop/back out like you think...

Where did I say Trump is going to drop/back out? I think he's probably in it to win it. What I said was, if/when this process goes to the Smoky Back Room at the Convention - Trump is dead. The projection of current statistical trends through to the convention leads exactly to that scenario. In which case the GOP Super-Donors supporting the type of candidates you like, will decide who our nominee is - and you should end up happy as a clam.

So that's Reason #63 why I am absolutely unconcerned about Trump becoming President, or even the nominee. This time next year, he will be just like Sarah Palin - his only presence in the GOP will be through his Twitter account. The question for us is, are we going to take advantage of the excitement he is providing while he's here, and parlay that into additional party-broadening votes for a Republican President? Or are we going to sit here and snark and B_tch and post links comparing his voters to childless single chicken-chokers, thereby pissing those people off and making possible anti-Democrat voters stay home - just like happened in 2012?

I don't think that's very smart of us or you. I think we need to try to benefit from his presence in the race, instead of ridiculing his supporters. I used to be just like you, a couple elections ago. The difference between me then, and me now, is I see how powerful those GOP Super-Donors are, and how intent they are on stringing voters like you along, without any effective plan of delivering that much-hoped-for Utopia of Liberty we all want. They don't want the same things you/we do. In their opinion, the only thing wrong with Democrats is that they have the Presidency. The only change they really want, is the name on the door. When you finally figure that out, you may become a little more like me.

I too realize we are stuck with a two-party system. We need to fight to make the GOP worth a crap. That process begins with deposing the money-bag aholes who currently control it. Trump is helping us relegate some of them to irrelevance, and I think we need to get on board with that. The first part of remodeling the house, is to tear out the old crap and throw it in the dumpster. Trump and his supporters have volunteered to serve as day-labor for that task. Let's quit ridiculing them, and put them to work to our advantage.

Case in point - were you one of those people who mercilessly ridiculed Sarah Palin and her supporters? What did that get us, exactly?

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

[STRIKE]If they're Anime reading dolphin floggers wouldn't the 'task at hand' be... uh..... ahem[/STRIKE]

never mind, nothing to see here

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Where did I say Trump is going to drop/back out? I think he's probably in it to win it. What I said was, if/when this process goes to the Smoky Back Room at the Convention - Trump is dead. The projection of current statistical trends through to the convention leads exactly to that scenario. In which case the GOP Super-Donors supporting the type of candidates you like, will decide who our nominee is - and you should end up happy as a clam.

So that's Reason #63 why I am absolutely unconcerned about Trump becoming President, or even the nominee. This time next year, he will be just like Sarah Palin - his only presence in the GOP will be through his Twitter account. The question for us is, are we going to take advantage of the excitement he is providing while he's here, and parlay that into additional party-broadening votes for a Republican President? Or are we going to sit here and snark and B_tch and post links comparing his voters to childless single chicken-chokers, thereby pissing those people off and making possible anti-Democrat voters stay home - just like happened in 2012?

I don't think that's very smart of us or you. I think we need to try to benefit from his presence in the race, instead of ridiculing his supporters. I used to be just like you, a couple elections ago. The difference between me then, and me now, is I see how powerful those GOP Super-Donors are, and how intent they are on stringing voters like you along, without any effective plan of delivering that much-hoped-for Utopia of Liberty we all want. They don't want the same things you/we do. In their opinion, the only thing wrong with Democrats is that they have the Presidency. The only change they really want, is the name on the door. When you finally figure that out, you may become a little more like me.

I too realize we are stuck with a two-party system. We need to fight to make the GOP worth a crap. That process begins with deposing the money-bag aholes who currently control it. Trump is helping us relegate some of them to irrelevance, and I think we need to get on board with that. The first part of remodeling the house, is to tear out the old crap and throw it in the dumpster. Trump and his supporters have volunteered to serve as day-labor for that task. Let's quit ridiculing them, and put them to work to our advantage.

Case in point - were you one of those people who mercilessly ridiculed Sarah Palin and her supporters? What did that get us, exactly?

Bullseye! +1

</title> <link rel="profile" href="http://gmpg.org/xfn/11" /> <link rel="pingback" href="http://www.dailynewsbin.com/xmlrpc.php" /> <link rel="stylesheet" href="http://13458-presscdn-0-97.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/themes/bb-theme/css/bootstrap

"When the Republican National Convention begins in July of 2016, there will be no pre-determined nominee. At the start of the convention, the bottom-rung candidates will have the option to drop out and release their delegates in favor of another candidate. But there will be little motivation for any of them to do so, because they’ll all believe they still have a chance to win. Once the delegate vote is officially deadlocked, all delegates will then be freed up to vote for whomever they wish – even if that person is not currently a candidate.

That’s the point at which the public vote will no longer matter. The relative handful of republican delegates, most of them party hangers-on with no real qualification for picking a nominee, will get to do just that. And most of them are Republicans with a capital “R” to the point that they’ll likely reject outsider candidates like Trump and Carson on spec."

That noise that you hear is the Republican party imploding

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Same source

"That means they’ll end up auditioning traditional republicans like Bush, Rubio and Kasich during the convention, with each giving speeches as to why they should be the nominee. Moreover, the likes of Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich will also show up and try to win over the delegates; it’s why they’ve each made a point of remaining in the headlines despite not running. It’s entirely conceivable the delegates will pick an establishment republican who has no more than five percent support in the polls."

The 5% solution. Maybe there is hope for Marco

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Same source

"That means they’ll end up auditioning traditional republicans like Bush, Rubio and Kasich during the convention, with each giving speeches as to why they should be the nominee. Moreover, the likes of Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich will also show up and try to win over the delegates; it’s why they’ve each made a point of remaining in the headlines despite not running. It’s entirely conceivable the delegates will pick an establishment republican who has no more than five percent support in the polls."

The 5% solution. Maybe there is hope for Marco

Precisely. Which is why I'm positing that all this hand-wringing about Trump is uncalled-for. The Establishment has this well in-hand, no matter which way it goes. One way or another, ol' Br'er Rabbit is gonna git where he wants to go. The only question is, can it be done in an amicably enough manner, to possibly gather in a new group of disaffected voters under the wing of the GOP (in the unlikely event that the Bigs slip up, and someone Constitutionally acceptable gets the nomination by mistake, in a last-minute juke maneuver nobody sees coming. Hey, it could happen :alcoholic:).

Without Trump in Race >> Establishment Turd gets nomination automatically.

With Trump in Race >> Establishment Turd could potentially fail to pull it off.

So it's like Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise in the movie Knight and Day..."With me...Without me...With me...Without me..."

(Of course, if you want to avoid the scariness of this scenario...perhaps a few of the 3% losers like Kasich could be persuaded to drop out, and not allow it to go down like this. After all, if they stay in stubbornly after failing to get out of low single digits, why aren't _they_ considered to be the ones who are actually mucking things up? Don't point the finger at Trump and ask him to back down; he's at 30+%. It should be up to the other turds to garner some support and unseat him).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm starting to suspect that Trump paid Palin for the endorsement.

I've heard rumors of rumors that he has made "contributions" to various organizations for favorable treatment. Is Sarah even generating income from anything anymore? She had some show on one of the outdoor channels for awhile but I don't know if that is still on or if she's still on Fox's payroll anymore.

Top Bottom