• IndyParts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Ktown Indiana
    Jami_Stallings_Program_Photo_t220.jpg

Jami Stallings
    A Harrison High School graduate became the new Miss Indiana USA on Sunday.
    Jami Stallings, 20, of Evansville was crowned at the conclusion of a three-day pageant at the Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza in Merrillville, Ind., according to a news release from the pageant.
    Stallings was so convinced that the runner-up, Megan Bailey of Indianapolis, was going to win, that before her name was announced, she turned to Bailey and said, "Have a great time at Miss USA," according to her mother, Anne Heinrich of Newburgh.
    When Bailey was named runner-up, Stallings burst into tears and her cheering section of more than 25 people erupted, Heinrich said.
    "She worked real hard, and she deserved it," said her father, Jim Stallings of Evansville.
    Stallings, a junior at O'More College of Design in Franklin, Tenn., began

Is it just me, or does she look like shes at least 35?

iujeffcpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    South Bend, IN
    Where is the pole (joking..she has awesome abs)? This girl really got my attention with her brains. She actually sounds intellectual unlike most Miss USA's.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Where is the pole (joking..she has awesome abs)? This girl really got my attention with her brains. She actually sounds intellectual unlike most Miss USA's.
    Just for clarification... Katie Stam is Miss America, not Miss USA. They are two different competitions. :D

And yes, I'm envious of those abs, too. /sigh

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Katie is about as wholesome a girl as you're gonna find. A great girl from a great Christian family. Wonderful values, and really represents our city, county, and state, as well as America. True, not everyone has the same values and beliefs as she does, but she does stand for a lot of the things that are still right about this country.

My wife and I have had the pleasure of knowing Katie since she was a little girl, and I'll have to say that her sisters and brother are also great people as well. Her oldest sister and my wife were good friends in high school, were bridesmaids in eachothers' weddings, and have enjoyed comparing notes about motherhood as they've transitioned into that phase of life. It is a true testament to the fine job Keith and Tracy have done raising all of their kids. I am as much happy for them as I am for Katie. Its amazing that only a few years ago she was just Katie, who showed cattle at our local 4-H fair!

As you can imagine, the buzz around Seymour right now is amazing. Despite all the gloom and doom in the media about the economy and all the other things that are wrong with the world, Seymour is encompased by the overwhelming pride that comes from having one of our own accomplish something so amazing. I'm looking forward to the positive example Katie displays over the next year in all of her media and national appearances. We just hope she finds time to stop through here and say "hi" at some point!!

Top Bottom