• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Never ever miss it, we're going down Friday, volunteering all day Saturday, and ride at the front of the pack Sunday. What an awesome event isn't it.

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    This will be my first time. I had motorcycles from the time I was 10 until about 25, then got out of them while raising the kids. A buddy made me an offer I couldn't refuse on a 900 Vulcan last fall after I got out of competitive truck pulling. So, this year I'm trying to get a lot of riding in to convience the wife to let me get a harley or a Vaquero.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The crew I rode with was in on the very first one. We helped set it up. It rained and only 25 or so bikes showed at the hospital but we rallied at a campground that ABATE set up and it was on from there. We do not make the ride anymore but we do put our money in the till.
    A good cause.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    what a beautiful weekend for a ride, raised nearly $400,000 for riley childrens hospital!!! thinking maybe next year we can get ingo to sponsor t-shirts??? :D:D:D

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    It was a beautiful weekend! We rode down Sunday morning, then went to the Tilted Kilt to get out of the sun and for some good food.

I have been watching their website and facebook page but haven't seen how many riders they had or total $$ raised.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    We are good friends with the accountant, right now approx 340,000 but there are a few checks still coming in. Did you see the and at the track after the ride? South six five, four guys (3 age 12, 1 age 13) ROCKING out some AC/DC, aerosmith, etc. and really really well!!!

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    I missed that. We watched some racing, then went over to watch the proceedings under the big top but couldn't hear most of it. Finally the dude with a strong voice announce the number for the bike, and we left.

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    What a great ride! We've been involved or participated with Riley & The Miracle Ride for 11+ years now. Some amazing people working crazy to take care of riders from all over. We had friends come in from N. Carolina for the ride. And... It's all for the kids.

Best weather for a Miracle Ride Weekend that I can remember. My nose and forehead still look like the yard of bricks & may never be the same^. If you haven't been you can start getting ready now for next year.

IMG_1392.jpg

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    It was indeed great weather.
    I don’t do many “big rides” anymore, but the Miracle Ride is one I’ll do as long as I can. My daughter was a Riley kid before she passed away. Unless someone has had a loved one in the hospital there, I don’t think they’ll get a true appreciation of what it means to have thousands of people riding by on their bikes honking and waving at the families outside of the hospital. While it’s a small gesture on the riders part, it means the world to the kids(and their families) to know they have the support of so many people that they’ll probably never meet to get well. It’s so much more than a ride past the hospital and a lap around the track.

Top Bottom