• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    It's about time, I should not have to pay the same amount of tax driving 6 miles to work as someone driving 50 miles to work.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    All the more reason to stick with classic cars. If they start putting these in our cars we'll just have to figure out how to hack them.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    It's about time, I should not have to pay the same amount of tax driving 6 miles to work as someone driving 50 miles to work.

You need a tune up or maybe add a little air to them tires. I drive a 8.1 liter 4 door truck and I have yet to see a stock vehicle that is rated for 8 times the mpg as mine with the exception of those little easy bake oven cars that run on coal.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    so wait...you pay sales tax on the car, an annual tax on the car (registration), a tax to drive the car (fuel tax), a gas-guzzler tax on some cars, get a hybrid vehicle tax credit on others, and now they want to tax people who use less fuel? why not take away the tax credit for mr hipster in his prius that is only 33% more efficient than a corvette

its a shame they are restricting a constitutional right with all these taxes.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    :ugh: Wow, the above is full of fail.

Either you got a vehicle that only gets 2.5 miles per gallon, or you've failed basic math a time or two.:D

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    Th
    All the more reason to stick with classic cars. If they start putting these in our cars we'll just have to figure out how to hack them.

If the gubberment's taxation think tank was thinking, they would forget about extra bolt-on meters and just slip the meter read into a mandatory annual smog/emissions check.

The best hack would be to use the high speed rail instead of a car.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Th

If the gubberment's taxation think tank was thinking, they would forget about extra bolt-on meters and just slip the meter read into a mandatory annual smog/emissions check.

The best hack would be to use the high speed rail instead of a car.
    We had that back in New Mexico on a county to county basis. I kept a P.O. box in a neighboring county so I could register there and avoid the test(tax), but that was before everything was connected on the web

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Minnesota is gathering 500 volunteers to test out devices that will record their mileage data and provide it to the Government for taxing purposes.

They claim that as more and more people buy fuel-efficient cars, that tax revenues from a Gasoline Tax will no longer be enough to repair the roads.

Mn/DOT to test driver's 'mileage tax' | kare11.com

Any incentives to be the testers for minnesota? R those people dumb up there?

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    This just goes to show that government will screw us every way they can. Bunch of BS to me. Government never does without less, and expects us to every day.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The sad thing is, when they begin "testing", we'll be seeing news clips of some idiot "test subject" smiling from ear to ear like they are doing something great for society. God I hope the mayans are right.

Top Bottom