• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    While I think the government has abused this family and the entire process of federal land management, this doesn't seem the right process at the right time to become aggressive and law-breaking when those arrested don't want to participate.

But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao

You ain't gonna make it with anyone, anyhow

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    You know who Chairman Mao is? The Cultural Revolution?

It's an analogy. If you cheer on violence and actions contrary to the Rule of Law, people will not support you.

Yes, I get that

But one could apply that to the feds or the protesters in this situation which is why I don't understand your context :)

ETa: after all, Mao and Hitler had the "rule of law"

the rule of law isn't always moral or (in America) constitutional

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Really think these folks would have been better off hiring a shark toothed law firm early on. I remember reading about another family out west fighting the government over being bought out by the bureau of reclamation and winning in the end. The story is in Mark Rieser's book Cadillac Desert.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If you need to know why America thinks gun owners are nuts you only need to look to this thread.

A family poached animals, set fire to the crime scene, set fire to their neighbors, tried to kill first responders, and used terror tactics to take over civil property, filmed a Hamas-style goodbye video, and claim they are on a mission from God.

And Ingo seems to support them.

Wow.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    If you need to know why America thinks gun owners are nuts you only need to look to this thread.

A family poached animals, set fire to the crime scene, set fire to their neighbors, tried to kill first responders, and used terror tactics to take over civil property, filmed a Hamas-style goodbye video, and claim they are on a mission from God.

Wow.

Apparently you don't believe there are 2 sides to every story.

I don't necessary believe the story that makes the Hammonds look completely innocent. But I've seen too much bureaucratic abuse in my own tiny world to believe the contrary story is 100% correct.

I actually didn't see anyone here who claimed to know either way.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Wow.

+1

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What are you talking about? Are you saying you are involved in this case somehow?

I believe he is saying he has personally experienced similarly one-sided justice with the court showing favoritism in another case not germane to this discussion. He is speaking to knowing that the courts can administer 'justice' that is not impartial, as opposed to suspecting it.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I don't fault the columnist for his stance. I'd rather a person, in the midst of an illegal action, that says that they are willing to kill, be killed before they have a chance to.

Did any of them actually say that? I've seen multiple videos of guys that say they are there, or are going, and are either unarmed or clearly restating their intent to not initiate violence.

but yeah.... I agree the tweeter got kind of railroaded. If they were refusing to leave and had to be dragged out, I could have some sympathy. If they are claiming they are going to kill rather than leave, I'm not in support of that. It's not clear what they are protecting when the aforementioned family is surrendering themselves.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

A family allegedly poached animals, set fire to the crime scene, set fire to their neighbors, tried to kill first responders, and used terror tactics to take over civil property, filmed a Hamas-style goodbye video, and claim they are on a mission from God.

Wow.

FTFY

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I believe he is saying he has personally experienced similarly one-sided justice with the court showing favoritism in another case not germane to this discussion. He is speaking to knowing that the courts can administer 'justice' that is not impartial, as opposed to suspecting it.

No, he was involved in this specific case. So, since he has first-hand knowledge, I must defer.

Top Bottom