military ammo box/case, where to buy online?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    killer with ammo cans is shipping! You can find them online cheap enough, but then you have to get them to you. I dont know if you have a gander mountain, but the one in Terre Haute usually has some .50 cal cans for $9 each. More expensive than gun show prices, but no shipping charges.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    killer with ammo cans is shipping! You can find them online cheap enough, but then you have to get them to you. I dont know if you have a gander mountain, but the one in Terre Haute usually has some .50 cal cans for $9 each. More expensive than gun show prices, but no shipping charges.
    $9? All the ones I have bought from there have been $5-6.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    $9? All the ones I have bought from there have been $5-6.

your probably right. Its been a while since Ive looked at them there. I was thinking $5, but then I was also thinking "hmmmmmmm gander mountain, usually 2x the normal price" when I typed it ;) hehe

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    your probably right. Its been a while since Ive looked at them there. I was thinking $5, but then I was also thinking "hmmmmmmm gander mountain, usually 2x the normal price" when I typed it ;) hehe
    haha, makes sense. I was just hoping they hadn't raised the price on them since the last time I had picked some up.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    MTM make a very nice Plastic ammo Box.
    Bigger than a .50 cal box but they have a seal.
    About $8-$9 at Midway.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Traildust has a huge amount of ammo cans in stock, picked a couple up last week and they had tons in stock. I don't have their card anymore so I forget the address, but I BELIEVE it's on the corner of 2nd (may be called 45 there) and airport road. Little past the Wal-Mart on the right side. Grey building, big OD truck out front, you'll pass a light and turn in to the gravel lot with a sign that says TrailDust, front of the store's kind of blocked by another business.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I have an orange marine dry box that is just a bit larger than the ammo boxes. It has a nice tray in the top as well for misc junk I take to the range. Not sure the name of it (I'm at work) but I think I bought it at Meijer.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Traildust has a huge amount of ammo cans in stock, picked a couple up last week and they had tons in stock. I don't have their card anymore so I forget the address, but I BELIEVE it's on the corner of 2nd (may be called 45 there) and airport road. Little past the Wal-Mart on the right side. Grey building, big OD truck out front, you'll pass a light and turn in to the gravel lot with a sign that says TrailDust, front of the store's kind of blocked by another business.

Traildust Army Navy Surplus

4700 W State Road 45
    Bloomington, IN 47403
    (812) 825-9220

Traildust Army Navy Surplus in Bloomington, IN - YellowBot

PFS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Green is cheaper

I just bought a few at the army surplus for 8 bucks. I know that the green is not so good but the price is good!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I've bought a few .30 cal ammo can's from J&G sales. Usually get one or two when I order ammo from them. If its loose ammo in bags, or individual boxes of ammo, they usually ship those boxes/bags in the cans, so you at least don't have to pay to ship an empty container.

Top Bottom