Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I do like his voting record as a senator, I just hope the governor bid isn't just him trying to get more power to ram through the mid states corridor project to help his business.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I think his past actions have already shown he wants a seat in DC.
    The next few years will be spent greasing the right palms
    I have no doubt that Holcomb wants to be Senator. But that is far from actually becoming Senator. There's a little thing called "winning the primary". While Holcomb's strong political connections may give him a leg up, it's far from a sure thing. If a strong conservative enters the race and can garner grassroots support, it can be a real race. "Greasing the right palms" may get him "statements of support" and other political favors, but doesn't actually get votes.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I have no doubt that Holcomb wants to be Senator. But that is far from actually becoming Senator. There's a little thing called "winning the primary". While Holcomb's strong political connections may give him a leg up, it's far from a sure thing. If a strong conservative enters the race and can garner grassroots support, it can be a real race. "Greasing the right palms" may get him "statements of support" and other political favors, but doesn't actually get votes.
    You have way more faith in the system than I do.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The "lots of faith" side of me says Holcomb has no chance in the primary. The realistic side of me notes what happened to the "red tidal wave" and expects Holcomb to be a shoe-in.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Lest we forget...

Hopefully Holcomb not making the cut will remind us of how stupid we have been to allow Young his victories, at the expense of his constituents.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    You have way more faith in the system than I do.

I'm just saying that Holcomb is not a "sure thing" to be our next Senator. I don't know how the race will go in 2 years. But if most people just give up and don't push for a conservative candidate, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is foolish to already call a race 2 years from now.

When the primaries ramp up, that will be the time to support a conservative candidate. Go door to door. Hand out literature. Tell everyone you know the important reasons that candidate is good. Be involved in the process.

I might not always win, but I will always try!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I'm just saying that Holcomb is not a "sure thing" to be our next Senator. I don't know how the race will go in 2 years. But if most people just give up and don't push for a conservative candidate, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is foolish to already call a race 2 years from now.

When the primaries ramp up, that will be the time to support a conservative candidate. Go door to door. Hand out literature. Tell everyone you know the important reasons that candidate is good. Be involved in the process.

I might not always win, but I will always try!
    I agree.

I just don't think a conservative republican will even be on the primary ballot.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I do hold hope that Holcomb will take an obscure job with some lobby/think tank and just go away. It would be interesting if both Holcomb and Rokita were on the primary ballot for senate. But Rokita ran once and lost. Not sure if he'd run again. I'd guess he'd rather run for Gov but Braun's entry may have an effect on Rokita's decision. Braun for Gov is probably going to be hard to beat. And if he stays consistent to his senate choices, he might make for a much better IN Gov.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I agree.

I just don't think a conservative republican will even be on the primary ballot.

If conservatives sit on their hands and do nothing more than grumble there will not be. It really is up to the conservatives of this state.

Indiana is a lazy red state. I suspect we have it good enough for most folks so no one works to move us in a more conservative direction…

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I do hold hope that Holcomb will take an obscure job with some lobby/think tank and just go away. It would be interesting if both Holcomb and Rokita were on the primary ballot for senate. But Rokita ran once and lost. Not sure if he'd run again. I'd guess he'd rather run for Gov but Braun's entry may have an effect on Rokita's decision. Braun for Gov is probably going to be hard to beat. And if he stays consistent to his senate choices, he might make for a much better IN Gov.

I think Banks is our man for that spot. Pelosi wouldn't let him on the Dec 6th commitee debacle. That says enough right there. If Holcomb was in Banks shoes, he'd be setting right there next to Liz Cheney and Adam Kensinger. :xmad:

If Holcomb thought he could win, he would have announced his intentions already. He knows his time in elected politics is over. Too many burnt bridges. https://www.insideindianabusiness.c...green-energy-at-cop27-climate-summit-in-egypt

Top Bottom