Midwest Shooting Center - coming soon to far south Indy!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Finally...some movement in a positive direction.

Been "coming" for a few years now. There are threads/discussions about it. But I cannot easily find it.

Looks like Bulldog Liquidator's lease on the old HHGregg building is up. They're now out of there. I presume that "any day now" reconstruction will begin on upgrading that location for Midwest.

Any guesses on how long it'll take to actually have a store operating? Probably at LEAST a year?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The link indicates 2023. It appears that they are a direct competitor to Range.
    That link has stated that for like two years now. I'm not holding my breath.

It's going to take quite a bit of work to transform that building. And 4x the work if they raze it and start fresh. There WILL be delays due to personnel and materials availability.

But at least there's a Total Wine next door.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Just my observation and thoughts but I've been checking the place when I'm in the area.. There's been an electrical contractors truck in the lot the last couple of days out of Cincinnati. Midwest shooting centers are based in Ohio so I'm assuming they have sent someone that's set up a range for them previously to oversee the electrical updates needed for the building.. How long is anyone's guess but I would imagine at least 3-4 months.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Looking at their homepage, their showroom looks exactly like Range's southside store. I mean, I know, how many ways can you display gun merch. But it was just the first thing I noticed.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Another place cool.

Though I prefer my BFE spot in the HNF (SECRET)... it will be nice to have a place to test a gun if its -12 and snowing (though have gone out in that anyway, I got the gear)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Where exactly are you reading reviews? I'm not seeing anything on their site and a quick search online didn't show anything... :dunno:
    I only found 3 on yelp. 2 bad, 1 good.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I only found 3 on yelp. 2 bad, 1 good.

One of those two sounds more like visiting the range on a busy day and having to wait, though I agree watching video and signing waivers should be done while waiting. Most ranges have you watch a video and sign a waiver, so that's par for the course. I won't be looking to get a membership, but will be interested in trying the range out to see what I think.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    I did look into them when they opened in Fort Wayne. Hidden fees in the memberships (range improvement) on top of membership. You can go to their website and read their range rules.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    What retarded rules are you speaking of sir? Just curious.

No loading ammo at the back tables. I get that they have issues with people carrying firearms back to the tables, but preventing loading ammo at the back tables seems a bit draconian to me. Luckily if it's not busy they usually don't mind you stepping into an empty lane to load, if you have a guest with you, but I'm paying to be able to shoot, not stop and have to load in my lane if it's busy (again assuming I have a guest with). If I'm by myself it's a moot point.

Top Bottom