• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Anybody seen one of these yet? I hear they should be out around now. Looks like they are getting into the "KelTec P3AT clone" game too. The pic I saw looked quite a bit like the P3AT or LCP with a tweeked trigger guard. Anyway, sounds like it will be priced right up there with the rest of Desert Eagle's stuff.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    It is, by far, the ugliest little spud I've ever laid eyes on. I thought the Kel-Tec was the absolute ugliest pocket gun until this little nugget was announced.

microeaglesteetad.gif

I wouldn't even consider it if it were the only .380 on the market.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Looks like a cross between a Seecamp, a Keltec, and a AMT backup. This equals yuck in my book.

The idea of an all metal pocket gun still has a place with people, but the manufacturers dont want to gamble on it. Alloy and polymer framed pocket guns are light, but many people carry them like a primary. If Colt wanted to make some money, reproducing their pocket .380s and .32s would make them a chunk of change. I've always liked the idea of a metal pocket gun but thats me :D. When I buy a gun, I like to shoot it and become familiar with it. Had I kept my PF-9, it would have been worn to a nub (even more so :D) within a month. But with an all steel gun, this doesnt become as much as an issue. Couple this with the fact as many people do not shoot their pocket guns as much as normal carry pieces, their longevity is longer (albeit with a shorter lifespan gun).

I guess it matters to the shooter.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I'm past the whole polymer thing... I think it's fine. For a pocket carry gun, I prefer to have it as light as possible. I prefer polymer at this point for that duty.

The new Kahr .380 is my next purchase. That little bugger is going to be great looking and hopefully high quality.

P380.png

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That Kahr looks nice but I'd like to try one of those MDE's out just to get a feel for it. If it works good then what's the problem? I'd like to add that to my BDE! :D

You had to know I'd like it once i found this thread! :D

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Going price is in the $550 range for the Kahr I believe. Pricey, I know. But still worth it to me for a quality pistol.

As for the MDE, hey... if it floats your boat who am I to give you a hard time? I just wouldn't buy that thing if IMI paid me to take it. I have a certain level of ugliness I can stomach and that little bugger crosses the line by quite a bit.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That thing is fugly. That said, it's not there to win a beauty contest. If it works every time and it suits your needs, go for it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That thing is fugly. That said, it's not there to win a beauty contest. If it works every time and it suits your needs, go for it.

:D What can I say? I love fugly guns! My next stop is Hi-Point, Glock, then maybe a 1911!
    :moon:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I know, I was just makin a funny. 1911's are sexy pistolas and I would be honored to own one. Of course my point I tried to make is that because it's fugly doesn't mean it's not going to function right. All that being said I hope no one took offense to my previous post. Blasphemous or not, o well. Small price to pay to make a point. :):

I do like the looks of this MDE. To each their own, right?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    well, i almost liked it, then i saw the msrp is $535, No thanks. But if it was about $200, it'd be pretty cool.

I bet store price will be cheaper. That's just MSRP. Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price.

Last edited:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    It is, by far, the ugliest little spud I've ever laid eyes on. I thought the Kel-Tec was the absolute ugliest pocket gun until this little nugget was announced.

microeaglesteetad.gif

Hmmmmm.......... That trigger guard reminds me of the Grendel:

739.jpg

:dunno:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    1911=Kim Catrall (sexy, but a cougar)
    Glock=The Grimmace (not even in my wildest, most drunk dreams...) :D:D:D:D

The Kahr mentioned, I love. I shot one, wish I saved the loot to get one in .45. The poly thing doesnt bother me, until they use the slide rails on the frame as polymer, where Glock and Kahr have steel reinforcements.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers

microeaglesteetad.gif

Kevin%20706%20zprava.jpg

I knew I had seen this gun around before, and it didn't have the "DESERT EAGLE" name added to it when I first saw it either.
    I believe I was looking up "Saturday Night Special" into the google picture search, and its the first one that comes up.
    There was a gun named the Kevin.
    ZVI – Products – 9 mm pistol Kevin
    Something about importation laws said the Czech pistol did not meet the import regulations.
    Well this ugly little gem has found its way into a niche market here, but I can think of a list of things I'll spend my 500 bucks on before the desert eagle mouse gun.

I looked more into it and I'm not the first to see the similiarity.
    “New” Micro Desert Eagle .380 Pistol | The Firearm Blog

:twocents:

Top Bottom