• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I own the Hellcat OSP and p365. The Hellcat is more snappy and I hate that semicircular rear sight. What’s unfortunate about the OSP is that the rear sight is smaller than the non optics ready version and there are no good replacement options for the OSP other than making the commitment to a red dot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Sounds like I have things to look forward to since I'm only at the stage of going from the Shield 9 to the 365, with a "few" in between.
    Never held the 365XL or the Hellcat: maybe Point Blank has them in the rental case.

Ha, I'm going the opposite way. I'm going to sell my Sig 365 and go back to carrying my Shield. I just cannot get used to that Sig grip angle.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    My P10s is the smallest gun I can make hits with it reasonable time. It's pretty much 365XL size, but I prefer the ergonomics and the trigger action (not feel--the dingus on the P10 loses to the excellent flat trigger on the 365xl)

I really like the P10s ergonomics (backstraps you don't get with 365XL), nice sharp slide serrations, and it will puke out a mag like a frat boy with not a hint of sticking. Reloads are fast and effortless.

CZ gives you standard rail up front instead of proprietary.

Neither gun is a "micro" but the P10S is the easiest-carrying gun I've tried that still shoots and feels like something much bigger. There's literally no advantage at all I can perceive to carrying a P10C or F other than bigger mags. Which of course the P10s also can do.

I'm not sure that the P365 gives as much "big gun" benefit (haven't shot P365, just handled) compared to say a P320 subcompact or compact. Compared to my P320 compact, the P10s carries much better. I had a GGI flatty on my P320 though, so it's not fair to ding the CZ relative to that excellent part in remarking that the P320 had better trigger feel. (No dingus always preferable, IMHO).

The thing that keeps me from going down to a small single stack is the hit effectiveness. I just can't shoot a G43 or 48 anywhere near as fast an accurate as something like a G26/P10/P320. If I carried a Kahr, I might as well not carry. Great guns, terrible operator.

Because I can't and don't train as much as I should with my carry gun, I need a gun that makes it easy for me to get on target fast. I can't do that very well with a micro. Heck, I struggle sometimes just drawing effectively with that tiny grip!

I won't say P10s is better than 365XL, but it should be considered if that's the kind of gun you're looking at.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Triggers are subjective. I love stock Glock triggers. The sights aren’t great but I put Ameriglo’s on everything I own anyway.

I love stock Glock triggers too-- after about 10,000 rounds. I can't fault someone for wanting to save $2000 in ammo though and go to an aftermarket unit that short cuts the process.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I love stock Glock triggers too-- after about 10,000 rounds. I can't fault someone for wanting to save $2000 in ammo though and go to an aftermarket unit that short cuts the process.

Funny thing I traded in a Glock 19 to Glock 45 for home defense. I have an apex trigger in the Glock 19 I saved to put in the G45. I’m considering switching back to the stock G45 trigger because it’s factory trigger actually felt really nice. But the overwatch precision TAC trigger I have on my 43x is now my favorite striker fired trigger even more than the HBi trigger on my CZ p10s

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I've got a G42, couple of G48's, a 365 and a 365XL. The XL is getting a Red dot this weekend (Sig Romeo Zero). I actually like the curved trigger on my 365 better than the XL's vertical one. Haven't shot a Hellcat...held a few in the store and don't seem to fit my hand very well.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Funny thing I traded in a Glock 19 to Glock 45 for home defense. I have an apex trigger in the Glock 19 I saved to put in the G45. I’m considering switching back to the stock G45 trigger because it’s factory trigger actually felt really nice. But the overwatch precision TAC trigger I have on my 43x is now my favorite striker fired trigger even more than the HBi trigger on my CZ p10s

I think Glock changed up the trigger feel for the "Gen 5" guns - of which the G45 is a part of.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I think Glock changed up the trigger feel for the "Gen 5" guns - of which the G45 is a part of.

I had the gen 5 glock 19 with the front cutout that everyone hated. I definitely think there was an improvement from the g19 to the g45 within the gen 5s. I notice the safety plunger from the gen 4 to gen 5 now had a slope. It’s notable that apex doesn’t include a safety plunger upgrade on gen 5 trigger kits and I think it’s because of this

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I carry a P365xl mysef. However, You might want to take a look at the g43x or 48 with that new mag from shield arms. Flush fits 15rounds. Pretty awesome.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Agree. When I had the gen 5 g19 and hoarded to an apex I was amazed. When I put that same trigger in the g45 I immediately thought about putting the stock one back in

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    I finally broke down and purchased the 365.....for me, it lives up to all the hype.... best small 9mm I've ever owned. Just can't believe how nice it shoots for such a small gun. Fits my hand perfectly. The 12 round mag is perfect. Great sights that I can see very well. I'm sure I will never own another Shield, XDs, PPS.... etc....

I like to keep a full size 9mm around for home defense/civil unrest etc.... and I have a wonderfully clean Browning Hi-Power for that, but now I might just need to add the Sig 365XL with the 15rd mags.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I finally broke down and purchased the 365.....for me, it lives up to all the hype.... best small 9mm I've ever owned. Just can't believe how nice it shoots for such a small gun. Fits my hand perfectly. The 12 round mag is perfect. Great sights that I can see very well. I'm sure I will never own another Shield, XDs, PPS.... etc....

I like to keep a full size 9mm around for home defense/civil unrest etc.... and I have a wonderfully clean Browning Hi-Power for that, but now I might just need to add the Sig 365XL with the 15rd mags.

That's how I felt when I shot my 1st 365: sold the Shield that I loved immediately.
    Convenient having the option of 10 or 12 rd mags.
    I'd love to have the 15 rd mag, but I'm not paying $49 plus shipping.

I keep an 17 & 18 rd. old Ruger P89 around for home defense: all metal w/hammer.
    I love "bricks."

Top Bottom