• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    My Aunt and Uncle own a Cabin in western Wisconsin. They are asking cabin owners not to head to their cabins too. The reason she told me was because most of the these cabin areas are served by very small hospitals, EMS, and stores. They are afraid of someone from a "hotspot" bringing the virus and overwhelming them. -Jason

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    It’s a fine.

If I wanted to bug out to MY cabin, would go, risk the citation, and challenge it if I got one.

Im a responsible human and wouldn’t travel if I thought I were sick (I’d want to stay closer to top notch medical care).

That said, their fear of the dark be damned when it comes to traversing between properties I “own”.

Easy for me to say as:

I don’t live in MI
    I don’t own a second property
    I’m a bit tipsy

Enjoythe rest of your weekend, INGO

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am seeing this firsthand too. We rent a cottage on Pelee Island, Canada from a family. They now apparently have a full calendar because its no longer on VRBO. Each of us has our weeks and we go every year. And its glorious.

Mrs Monkey monitors on the island's official resident Facebook page. Hoo boy! ALL kinds of butthurt there.

They are SERIOUSLY self quarantining. Only full time residents (and contracted service workers) are allowed onto the island. Own a rental cottage? Tough. You aren't allowed on. You'll have to call the OPP or one of your neighbors to check your cottage and fix anything needed. (not a stretch though. Its like a 50s small town where everybody knows everybody and helps each other out) And looking at the island, it is getting HAMMERED by storms and 11 foot waves. There are sections of the west shore road that are closed due to waves washing over the pavement and tearing up the road's top coat.

And its ESPECIALLY hard hitting to the handful of Ohio cottage owners. For decades they were able to take the ferry out of Sandusky. Right now they are retiring the old side loading small ferry from the 60s that holds a half dozen cars. They have a new larger bow/stern load drive on/off ferry that was put into service last year to replace it. But the even larger main ferry is still in dry dock taking longer than expected to overhaul. It too is a drive on/off ferry, but can hold like 4 semis or 6 tri axles. (plus another 20 cars)
    So they started rebuilding the Sandusky dock to utilize the new bow loading feature of the new boats so that either could service the US. They even did the scheduled removal of the side dock area that the small ferry used and converted the entire jetty into a greenspace last fall. Only one problem; They didnt anticipate that the old ferry would still be unexpectedly running and the new ferry would not be able to make the run to the US due to the main ferry still being offline. So for the 2020 summer season, there will be no auto service from the US. Only walk on passengers. So any Ohio cottage owners that want to go to their cottage now have to drive up through Detroit to get to their cottage adding HOURS of drive time. (unless they have a full time car they leave on the island, but that is typically only done by the folks that fly onto the island)

And I'm not even sure how walk on service will work because the Canuck transport company purposefully makes it so you cant make a day trip from the states; there is literally no way to take an AM boat to the island and leave for the US on an evening boat. If you cant make a day trip, you cant do so without a car unless you rely on the one van/taxi service on the island. (due to how the island/amenities are laid out) If they do runs from the US, I would be shocked to see more bodies than you can count on one hand. Its gonna be an epic waste of diesel fuel.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I am seeing this firsthand too. We rent a cottage on Pelee Island, Canada from a family. They now apparently have a full calendar because its no longer on VRBO. Each of us has our weeks and we go every year. And its glorious.

Mrs Monkey monitors on the island's official resident Facebook page. Hoo boy! ALL kinds of butthurt there.

They are SERIOUSLY self quarantining. Only full time residents (and contracted service workers) are allowed onto the island. Own a rental cottage? Tough. You aren't allowed on. You'll have to call the OPP or one of your neighbors to check your cottage and fix anything needed. (not a stretch though. Its like a 50s small town where everybody knows everybody and helps each other out) And looking at the island, it is getting HAMMERED by storms and 11 foot waves. There are sections of the west shore road that are closed due to waves washing over the pavement and tearing up the road's top coat.

And its ESPECIALLY hard hitting to the handful of Ohio cottage owners. For decades they were able to take the ferry out of Sandusky. Right now they are retiring the old side loading small ferry from the 60s that holds a half dozen cars. They have a new larger bow/stern load drive on/off ferry that was put into service last year to replace it. But the even larger main ferry is still in dry dock taking longer than expected to overhaul. It too is a drive on/off ferry, but can hold like 4 semis or 6 tri axles. (plus another 20 cars)
    So they started rebuilding the Sandusky dock to utilize the new bow loading feature of the new boats so that either could service the US. They even did the scheduled removal of the side dock area that the small ferry used and converted the entire jetty into a greenspace last fall. Only one problem; They didnt anticipate that the old ferry would still be unexpectedly running and the new ferry would not be able to make the run to the US due to the main ferry still being offline. So for the 2020 summer season, there will be no auto service from the US. Only walk on passengers. So any Ohio cottage owners that want to go to their cottage now have to drive up through Detroit to get to their cottage adding HOURS of drive time. (unless they have a full time car they leave on the island, but that is typically only done by the folks that fly onto the island)

And I'm not even sure how walk on service will work because the Canuck transport company purposefully makes it so you cant make a day trip from the states; there is literally no way to take an AM boat to the island and leave for the US on an evening boat. If you cant make a day trip, you cant do so without a car unless you rely on the one van/taxi service on the island. (due to how the island/amenities are laid out) If they do runs from the US, I would be shocked to see more bodies than you can count on one hand. Its gonna be an epic waste of diesel fuel.

Sounds like a few Higgins’ boats might be needed?

Glock1230

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2020
    Hamilton County
    Isn't this the govenor that also banned buying seeds? If people don't think things are going to get sporty when the economy collapses, this kind of stuff is a good example of that it will.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Isn't this the govenor that also banned buying seeds? If people don't think things are going to get sporty when the economy collapses, this kind of stuff is a good example of that it will.

Yup.

She does seem to be taking this way to far.

But... we have this fanciful idea, that if things just get bad, we pack up and head to cabin and then everything will be fine - even if that lake cabin is 40' from the cabin on the left, and on the right...

This isn't cabin in the woods, it a time share in Glen Arbor that's the problem.

But hey, it's not my state, not my governor, and I'm a believer in state's rights, even when they offend me, AMIRITE?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I was recently schooled on the word ban. Since you can order seeds online or buy them in stores with less than 50000 sq ft...it's not a ban on buying seeds.

:stickpoke:

Yup.

She does seem to be taking this way to far.

But... we have this fanciful idea, that if things just get bad, we pack up and head to cabin and then everything will be fine - even if that lake cabin is 40' from the cabin on the left, and on the right...

This isn't cabin in the woods, it a time share in Glen Arbor that's the problem.

But hey, it's not my state, not my governor, and I'm a believer in state's rights, even when they offend me, AMIRITE?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sometimes I get the feeling that leadership is always trying to top itself, even when it's a bad idea.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    LOL

Doin' a **** poor job of it.

She is practically giving Trump the keys to the state.

Some have said that she is doing this to raise her profile so he is more likely to pick her for her stellar progressive leadership.

Top Bottom