• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    For those that wish to learn more about gun laws of the HC, here's an old post:

"ihateiraq, yes, you keep your Stg90 at home as well as the minimum required ammo (it's in a tub that cannot be opened unless ordered to be opened). Officers keep their pistols as well.

Support weapons and assorted weaponry (crew served SWs, shotguns, machine pistols, inter alia) are kept at armouries in your Canton.

You can buy ammo at stores or at ranges. You have a minimum days of rifle drill (the photos you see with the Swiss bicycling or on the bus with a Stg 57 or 90 are usually people coming from or to rifle drill).

Here's more info:

3.2.1 Switzerland: Military service

The Swiss and their Guns

Military of Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia"

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I sincerely hope folks on this forum don't put a whole lot of faith in opinion polls taken here, whatever they may be. That's like thinking that just because nobody here likes the current Pres that everyone else in the nation feels the same way. Or, perhaps a more apt simile, it's like thinking that everyone else in the states shares our tastes in firearms just because we favor them here.

My point is not that our little poll is representative of everyone, but rather we cannot justify judging her in the event of being prepared to bug out when the majority of us who declared our opinion do not believe that the republic can be saved, i.e., we cannot judge her for believing and preparing for that which we believe and prepare for ourselves.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, we have a presidential candidate whose citizenship status is in play. She even admits to being a dual citizen. One would assume that this negates her ability to serve as president. Thank goodness. Wonder why the same people who harp over Obama alleged citizenship issues aren't dog piling her? Not even sure she's still qualified to sit in congress now.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    So, we have a presidential candidate whose citizenship status is in play. She even admits to being a dual citizen. One would assume that this negates her ability to serve as president. Thank goodness. Wonder why the same people who harp over Obama alleged citizenship issues aren't dog piling her? Not even sure she's still qualified to sit in congress now.

I don't know anything that bars dual citizenship in the Constitution or USC, just that you have to be a citizen (natural born for president). There have been ones before, Carl Levin comes to mind, but I think there are/have been others. ETA that is for Congress. I don't know of any former Presidents that hold dual citizenship.

Last edited:

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    After a bit of research, apparently her duel citizenship status goes back to 1978 when she married her Swiss husband. Not a big deal, I guess. Strange though it was never mentioned during her political career. Would be a detractor as a presidential candidate. Ironically, this came out in the open because her marriage was just recently registered with Swiss authorities.

My wife is from Illinois - hope I'm not an Illinois citizen!

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    After a bit of research, apparently her duel citizenship status goes back to 1978 when she married her Swiss husband. Not a big deal, I guess. Strange though it was never mentioned during her political career. Would be a detractor as a presidential candidate. Ironically, this came out in the open because her marriage was just recently registered with Swiss authorities.

My wife is from Illinois - hope I'm not an Illinois citizen!

That is her walking it back. The Swiss didn't know about her citizenship. She didn't let them know she married a Swiss citizen until Feb 19, 2012.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think it's a question of allegiance. With whom does she side if our nations are at odds over something?

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I think it's a question of allegiance. With whom does she side if our nations are at odds over something?
    She would most likely remain loyal to the U.S., but this is certainly cause for question. I wonder what effect dual citizenship has upon security clearances?

Real question - where does she keep her money?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Apples and Oranges Butters and I have read enough of your posts to know that you are smart enough to know that.

Don't be so xenophobic. It doesn't suit you..

Top Bottom