Indy
    dq1nh4lbr3r01.png

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    i see passing double standards......

I'm not sure what a picture of two people shaking hands means exactly. Am I supposed to infer wrongdoing because the (at the time) FBI Director is shaking hands with the (at the time) president of Ukraine?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I'm not sure what a picture of two people shaking hands means exactly. Am I supposed to infer wrongdoing because the (at the time) FBI Director is shaking hands with the (at the time) president of Ukraine?

just as if it would have been someone from Trumps camp it would be collusion.......double standards......

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    just as if it would have been someone from Trumps camp it would be collusion.......double standards......

If true, and I haven't seen picture of someone from Trump's camp shaking hands with a "bad" person, and those characteristics assigned to the person from Trump's camp (but I haven't looked either)... but if true, there's no double standard, as you just reached parity, by implying the same notion with the posted above picture.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis

I think i have a picture of Nixon colluding with Elvis somewhere.
    I’ll have to look for it.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Mueller referred it per the above.

I am glad to see that. But just to clarify, are the "Federal prosecutors in Manhattan..." operating in total independence of Mueller and running a totally independent investigation or are they operating under his umbrella of jurisdiction.

Because to me it seems like this could be done in two (2) separate ways. The first is Mueller says, "Hey ya'll, I found some information you might find interesting. See what you can do with it. Or Mueller said, "Hey ya'll, I need some help with my investigation. Go get this FOR ME."

Thanks,

Doug

EDIT: I see my answer here: https://apnews.com/cb095acaaeef4a11882d4837c5985fc9/FBI-probing-Cohen's-"personal-business-dealings"

It says that "
    In a footnote, the prosecutors wrote that although the investigation was referred to prosecutors in New York by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, it was proceeding independently."

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump on NBC now... says Cohen is lying to get a reduced sentence. (I'm guessing he's probably not wrong.)

He might be right, he might not. That's the great thing about the people the president surrounds himself with, they're liars. Even if they are telling the truth, how would we know?
    However, the reports coming out seem to indicate that Cohen is fingering the president in relation to some Russia deal. The president says he is lying, BUT stated that their would be nothing wrong if he did. That, at least to me, makes it seem Cohen may be telling the truth, since the president did interject that caveat.
    Mueller may have the answer.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    One wonders how a liar can ever believed about anything.

Juries don't respond well to: "well, sure, I lied about that, but I'm not lying about this."

Whether his current stories is lies or not, when you're telling the prosecutors what they want to hear, you're unlikely to be prosecuted for them.

Top Bottom