• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Merry Christmas from the Kingdom of Bahrain! Yep, it's 30 minutes after midnight here, and it is officially Christmas!
    We moved over here back in November as some of you know, and we are still living in a hotel as we look for a
    suitable place to live. We had to buy a fake tree (first time in our lives we have ever not had a real tree, and
    the wife is not happy about it). But we have a tree, presents under it, and we are together as a family, so
    what more could you ask for?

God bless, and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

R/
    Smittygj

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Just realized I posted this in wrong section. Mods, feel free to move to the break room? Or leave it here, your choice. I saw "General Discussion" and stopped reading here. My fault....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Is it snowing over there? It sure as heck isn't here! High today of 55 and low tonight of 39.

Merry Christmas!!

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    It actually was raining in Bahrain today, and that is a rare thing from what I'm told, but it has rained here 3 times since we got here. It isn't much, just a misting really, but it was rain. Our "agent" for helping us find a place to live said last winter it did actually snow here in Bahrain (snow flurries) in February. Local temp today was 68 degrees during the day, but a warm front moved through, and at 0100 local is 70 degrees?

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    During tonight's dinner, I remembered that I spent Christmas 20 years ago in Riyadh, KSA. It was the weirdest thing to wake up on Dec. 25 to the sound of the Islamic call to prayer.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    During tonight's dinner, I remembered that I spent Christmas 20 years ago in Riyadh, KSA. It was the weirdest thing to wake up on Dec. 25 to the sound of the Islamic call to prayer.

Yes, that call to prayer 5 times a day takes some getting used to. Starts at something like 1/2 hour before sunrise? and then keeps going throughout the day until the last one right before bedtime. There is some clock somewhere on the internet where you can see what the actual times are as they change every day by a few moments just like the actual sunrise/sunset do. But they literally do stop doing whatever it is they are doing and go pray. I've seen traffic cops pull over in their car, take their rug out of the trunk, take their shoes off, set everything up in the right direction, and then do their prayers right there on the side of the road.

Top Bottom