• ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'll get the discussion.

It should not be a crime to sell guns. He should be released immediately, issued an apology, and be sent on his way with all his belongings.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I watched the movie, then I bought the book. The movie is based losely on the book. At one time this guy's companies were delivering goods for the US in Iraq and using fuel in Iraq for free from the US. Do I think that the US should be doing this. I don't think so because that would make us hypocrites. Look at how many people we sell guns to.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    He'll be quietly on his way. As soon as media noise calms down and forgets about him he'll be out. The government can't really imprison one of their salesman, can they?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    For folks saying he is their "hero" are you basing that off of the actual man (Bout) or the movie "Lord of War"? The alleged situation doesn't look very cool to me: Supplying arms to warlords and dictators in South America, Africa and the Middle East. He was caught in a sting trying to sell missles and other items to FARC, look them up, they are real "heros" who are are beloved by Hugo Chavez and their Anti-west agenda (which he recently denounced), coupled with their desire to take hostages and use drug traffic to support their terrorism.

US wants him b/c he might have Russian "secrets" and for conspiring and aiding known terrorists and those with human rights violations. The Russians want him as they say he is innocent, yet has Russian secrets (want him b/c they think he will plea bargain and 'spill the beans'). I will grant one thing though: The charges are "alleged" but the sting operation performed by the US DEA is pretty much an indicator of his past activities, "alleged" or not... Won't count it all before the chickens are hatched, but given his sting run in and past "customers", he isn't a really nice guy for us to cheer on.

Granted, he is a business man "fulfilling a role", but when you do things on a nation-state level and not expect to **** someone off... Cmon.... I may not agree with his choice of customers, but our individual nations that (supoposedly) represent us do not feel cuddly when you are supporting Sierra Leone dictators who perform war crimes or FARC rebels that sell drugs to fund hostage taking schemes. :twocents:

Top Bottom