• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    All you have to do is show up at one of our Monthly board meetings. It's the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm. The cost is $80/year and there's a $25 initiation fee.
    You'll go through a safety and orientation meeting and then you'll get your ID card and gate key. Feel free to ask any more questions.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hey punker39 just wondering if you got a chance to make the July 7th meeting at the range and join possibly? If not just want to remind you there is another meeting on August 4th. It's a great range with allot of great people that belong to it. Hope to see you there.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    You can print out the membership application and fill it out if you want to, but it is not completely necessary. Payment can be Cash or Check.

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    Sorry, don't mean to :hijack:but I have a similar question:

Is this the Marion County Fish and Game Association you guys are discussing?

Do you have to be a Marion County resident? The reason I ask is, I am now but will be a Hamilton County resident in 2 months.

Thanks,

FG12351

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    how far are the lanes at the marion county gun club? Can you shoot rifles or is it handgun/shotgun only?

We can get you out to 100yds. We only allow rifles in traditional handgun calibers, no centerfire rifle calibers are permitted. Handguns, shotguns and muzzle loaders are acceptable as well.

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Nick,
    Is it correct that 9mm, 40, and 45acp carbines are not allowed, except at official events like FNS and Bowling Pins?
    Marion County Fish and Game allows the sighting in of rifles in the calibers of 38 special, 357 magnum, 44 special, and 44 magnum, provided that the rifles are fired from a bench rest at paper targets. (Amended 06/03/2008)

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    No, we passed a new rule that allows rifles in traditional handgun calibers for general use at the club. We also specified those calibers in a list form. The website has not been updated to reflect that change, but new members will get an amended (insert) in their rule book.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for your interest in MCFG!

i was wondering what i have to do to join marion county range and how much it cost

Punker39,
    Thanks for your interest in our club. I'm sure that for every question you have about the club, there are many more people wondering the same thing. We look forward to having you complete safety orientation, and becoming a member at our club!
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    By the way, MCFG is probably the one of the best outdoor pistol ranges in the area. I was a member a good while back and enjoyed the range as well as the people. The only reason I am not currently a member is that I moved and the drive is inconvenient. As I recall, they didn't have a personal defense range (5-10 yds) but it's been about 10 years so maybe they put one in?

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    bwegner,
    At this point there is no dedicated "personal defence" range, however,
    there are berms at 50, 18 and 10 yards that were not there 10 years ago.
    Many shooters shoot into the 10 yard berms.
    They are low berms, but it serves the purpose.

Top Bottom