• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    At the one on Rt 30 in Hobart they moved it from the glass to the right of the sliding doors straight up about 8ft off the ground last time I was there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just ignore them. And if I happen to be OCing (rare) and they say anything, I'm prepared to leave my cart and take my shopping list and restart my shopping elsewhere.

But so far nobody in the store seems to actually care about corporate's idea to put up the signs.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    FWIW, I was in the Meijer on Grape road in Mishawaka today and the grocery side doors had no "no blue guns" sign visible.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    FWIW, I was in the Meijer on Grape road in Mishawaka today and the grocery side doors had no "no blue guns" sign visible.

Interesting. Did that location have a "no guns" sign before? It would be cause for celebration if they're taking down those disdainful signs... (Or it might just be that this specific location forgot to put one up or just put it in a less obvious place).

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Interesting. Did that location have a "no guns" sign before? It would be cause for celebration if they're taking down those disdainful signs... (Or it might just be that this specific location forgot to put one up or just put it in a less obvious place).
    I'm not sure. I don't frequent that location that much. It has only been recently that I began to pay attention as I went in. The store on the south side of Mishawaka has one up on the pharmacy side doors.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Just stopped at the Mishawaka Meijer on Bremen Hwy. The no guns symbol which was posted at both doors for the last few years, was no where in sight at either door today. Interesting given the event in Greenwood last week. Wondering about their other locations?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just stopped at the Mishawaka Meijer on Bremen Hwy. The no guns symbol which was posted at both doors for the last few years, was no where in sight at either door today. Interesting given the event in Greenwood last week. Wondering about their other locations?
    Grape Rd did not have one on their door as I mentioned just a bit ago.

Maybe the mall situation had something to do with this.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County

Fantastic news! I wonder if it's just a specific store, or if Meijer is walking back their recent anti-gun push. I know that many people here let Meijer know their opinion; it would be great if it had an effect. (I doubt the event in Greenwood b/c it was so recent and corporate takes a lot longer than that to make any kind of decision.) I guess time will tell as more reports filter in...

Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    The Meier on 6 in Portage does still have it low at the west entrance. Read it today and it states “no open carry“

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    The Meier on 6 in Portage does still have it low at the west entrance. Read it today and it states “no open carry“
    Huh. I looked both entrances when I was there today (only looked at 1 entrance last week) and didn't see it, but I was looking for the no guns symbol that use to be there at both entrances. Open carried the whole time as usual

Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Huh. I looked both entrances when I was there today (only looked at 1 entrance last week) and didn't see it, but I was looking for the no guns symbol that use to be there at both entrances. Open carried the whole time as usual
    It was left of the west entrance door about 3’ from the ground with several other signs. Had the blue gun with the circle and line through it and right of the depiction of the gun “No open carry”

Top Bottom