• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It's sad that these companies think that making their customers and employees a soft target is a good idea.

Same thing with hospitals and malls, but don't let me get on my soapbox.
    The dumbmasses don’t think of security until danger is at the door. They think like naive kindergartners that if everyone is nice it will all be ok…

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Walmart asks people to conceal, or as it's worded on the sign "Kindly refrain from open carrying a firearm". Kroger has the same policy, but I've never seen any signs. IIRC both started about the same time in response to people OCing long guns where they could do that but not OC a handgun in protest.

Yes. Both Walmart and Kroger took a softer stance than Meijer. Walmart and Kroger say "no OC". Meijer says "no guns"... Although both are not good, Meijer's stance is much worse.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    While Meijer put up the signage, you can thank/blame the insurance company for dictating it.
    Which insurance companies? I've heard that said for many years, and I've yet to hear of any company being named.

Also, are there companies that do not have stupid requirements? If so, then we need to know who they are so we can transfer our coverage to companies we can support in good conscience.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm sure the insurance company security force for Meijer's is top notch... even though I never see them when I shop.
    I saw them take down a shoplifter once; they're around but incognito...

And i haven't noticed any new signs going up at my local store.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Was in Portage Meijer tonight. They still sell targets, ammo, Hoppes.. so they aren't so antigun that they won't take your money. Looks like contacting the good senator may be a great way to help him focus on what the constitution means.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Which insurance companies? I've heard that said for many years, and I've yet to hear of any company being named.

Also, are there companies that do not have stupid requirements? If so, then we need to know who they are so we can transfer our coverage to companies we can support in good conscience.

How many commercial insurance companies do you know? And not talking small business, the kind a company like Meijer has. Then how many reinsurers do you know? I do not know them either, and I doubt we have a CEO on INGO that knows…

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    How many commercial insurance companies do you know? And not talking small business, the kind a company like Meijer has. Then how many reinsurers do you know? I do not know them either, and I doubt we have a CEO on INGO that knows…
    How many large corps do not prohibit carry? Walmart/Kroger/etc all allow it. So yes I agree with Bill that it isn't the insurance companies requiring it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How many large corps do not prohibit carry? Walmart/Kroger/etc all allow it. So yes I agree with Bill that it isn't the insurance companies requiring it.
    Bill did not say that, he asked who. I asked if we even know who the possibilities are in insurance and reinsurance. And on what evidence do you make the statement you believe it is not insurance companies?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Bill did not say that, he asked who. I asked if we even know who the possibilities are in insurance and reinsurance. And on what evidence do you make the statement you believe it is not insurance companies?
    This goes back several years, people keep saying it's the insurance companies that are requiring it but never specify any insurance company or their policies.

What evidence do I use to have that belief? As I posted above, multiple large and small companies that do not prohibit carry. Meijer included up until recently, if it was a insurance companies policy don't you think that Meijer would have said that to to pass the buck? Rather than in their email replies to questions regarding it that it is simply corporate policy.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom