• ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Absolutely.

Your entire post is a perfect example. Disingenuous for presenting the false dichotomy that one can't prefer someone over Romney in the primaries and still prefer Romney over Obama in the general.

Disingenuous for presenting yourself as some morally superior individual because you claim you've stuck to your principles by voting for Johnson while those who vote for Romney have not. A vote is political capital and just like all other capital it's buying power comes with trade-offs. YOU choose to spend all of yours on the purist pipe dream. Others, like myself, weigh the likelihood of outcomes and choose to spend ours in other ways. In no way have I abandoned my principles.

Hypocritical for claiming to be the standard-bearer of freedom and criticizing others for exercising it as they see fit. The reality is that you only want people to exercise their freedom of franchise if they vote YOUR way. How was it you phrased it? At least I have never condemned the libertarians for the vote choice.

Hypocritical because you tell us time and again that if Romney can't EARN the votes from the electorate, that's his fault. But IIRC it was YOU specifically who whined like a school girl blaming the voters for not voting for Johnson. What ever happened to having to earn those votes? (My sincerest apologies in advance if you were not one of those. There have been two, mrjarrel was the other, and I admit to not remembering for sure who the other individual was. But I remember thinking that it was out of character for the other individual and for some reason I am associating your name with that thought.)

Disingenuous in the criticism of Romney. You'd have us believe it was because his policies are atrocious (which they are), but the truth is that it's just a bunch of bitter, angry people who, some by their own admission, feel guilty. And instead of owning their choice and simply saying, "Won't do that again", have resorted to blaming others. And anybody and everybody even remotely association with it. In short, you've condemned every member of one particular party (except the Messiah) with a blanket judgment. And yet there's always the complaint when stereotypes are made of the liberterians. Boo hoo. :cry:

Disingenuous in the criticism of Romney. Yeah, I know it sounds like I'm repeating myself, but to your credit, you get a lot of mileage out of this one. Time and again we here how utterly awful he's going to be. Time and again we hear how absolutely identical Romney is to Obama. And yet, somehow, someway, someone manages to pull this little gem out of his ass: "Obama isn't that bad. I'm still waiting for the Armageddon and complete destruction of this nation that was supposed to come from his administration." Well, tell me, how is it that Romney is going to ruin this nation and Obama isn't when they're both supposed to be the same? (Maybe this belongs in the hypocritical column too.)

And considering Johnson won't win, I find it funny that anyone voting for him with can say with a straight face that their vote is somehow going to change things as a response to those who are hoping a Romney win will improve things over an Obama administration.

So, yeah, disingenuous and hypocritical. And I think I'm being generous.

I have no illusions that my vote is going to change anything. I simply stick to my beliefs. I won't compromise them for the sake of winning.

I've been insulted day after day after day after day after ****ing day by Romney voters. If people wouldn't say stupid **** like "If Obama wins it's YOUR fault" when I'm not voting for Obama, in an effort to get me to vote for THEIR guy, we wouldn't have these issues. If I didn't get called an anarchist, called pro-child-rape, or a drug addict simply because of my political beliefs, we wouldn't be having this issue. I've even been told on other forums I deserve to die at the hands of Obama's brownshirts if I don't vote for Romney. Well **** that.

Now it was quite a while dealing with that before I started striking back. And now that I am, I'm the hypocrite? I'm disingenuous? You should look in the ****ing mirror before you start casting those aspersions.

I don't blame people for voting for what they truly believe, no matter how it shakes out. If Romney loses, it's because he didn't get enough votes. If Johnson loses, it's the same thing. He didn't earn enough votes. My issue is with the people who claim to be for small government, and more personal freedom, and lower taxes, and fiscal responsibility, who are dead set on voting for ROMNEY, who represents NONE of those things, and in the next breath insult ME for voting for someone who DOES represent those things.

THAT is hypocritical and disingenuous.

And please point to me any post I have *ever* made where I said "Obama isn't that bad." He's bad. He's worse than Romney. I've never said otherwise. But he's not that much worse in reality when you look at their ACTUAL HISTORIES instead of listening to the empty promises they make on the campaign trail.

edited: if Romney wins, I'll be VERY happy to be proven wrong. If he turns into President Veto, instead of President Renew The Patriot Act, President Healthcare Mandate, I'll be very happy. But I don't believe it will happen based on his history.

Last edited:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Liar. He's defended by the libertarians.

Liar? I am anything but a liar. I do not often agree with your POV but had always carried a level of respect for you. Calling me a liar? I expected more out of you.

I have not seen one single post in anything I've read from a libertarian who was defending BHO and his policies.

:rolleyes: SOB, we've been down this farking road before. I have never met a more disingenuous, hypocritical group of people than the cadre of libertarians on this forum.

There is not one ounce of hypocrisy in what I said. If you believe in Romney, cast your vote. If not, you should do some soul searching. I did and I decided to vote for Johnson. I didn't say you had to vote for Johnson too, just that you owe it to yourself to spend some time reflecting on it.

Oh, and btw...I'm not a libertarian, I'm an independent. I just happen to agree most with the libertarian philosophy.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Liar. He's defended by the libertarians.

This is just another example of your ad hom methods. Take an opinion/belief of another, and attack his character.

Would it suit you if I would attacked your beliefs, by calling you "Tubby"?

Nice going, Ace.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    When I lurk around Democrat hangouts, I get accused of being a being a shill for Romney. When I correct them, they tell me I might as well be a Romney supporter, since a vote for Johnson is a vote for Romney.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Despite popular belief here on INGO, the libertarian view upon government isn't always correct either.....though certainly it is correct in more instances than other political ideologies.

I truly wish that some here would try to keep an open mind and listen to the virtual arguments, instead of continuing to act like a Republican or Democrat, and just immediately bash another for an opinion/belief.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    ht_5_sesame_street_big_bird_wm_nt_121004_wblog.jpg

Top Bottom