Maybe all those new gun owners will make a difference?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    A new group for Asian American gun owners is seeking to gather liberal-minded folks to influence President Joe Biden and other Democrats.

AAPI GO, or Asian American and Pacific Islander Gun Owners, was founded by Scott Kane, a self-described classically liberal California resident who has voted for Democrats since 2004.

“It’s easy for Democrats and more liberal folks to write off the NRA and the existing gun lobby because they’re so ultra-conservative,” Kane told The Epoch Times.

“But what if there’s a liberal gun owning group out there full of people of color who just recently purchased firearms? Estimates are around something like 4 million new firearm purchases last year, a good chunk of that, according to NSSF, is from minorities, so what if we banded together to show strength in numbers and show the Biden administration that if you ban assault weapons, that’s going to disproportionately affect a good chunk of your voting base,” he added.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I doubt that many of the new gun owners of color and female will be actively supporting "gun rights". I do see a lot of the afore-mentioned groups shooting at the indoor range I belong to. I don't see them changing party affiliation or trying to sway the liberals to support gun rights. A lot of hunters and shotgun shooters aren't supporters of handgun ownership or semi-auto (black rifles). I suppose that they don't see a threat to their guns and couldn't care less about other gun owners. I'm the NRA and I am not "ultra-conservative", except where it comes to the Second Amendment. Democrats haven't always been anti-gun, just since the 60's. I'd love to be wrong about minority new gun owners. There are traditionally liberal groups like JPFO and Pink Pistols, who support private ownership of firearms, but they seem to have little impact upon the new ultra-liberal wave of anti-gun politicians.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Some of these people are too used to just taking direction from their community leaders to actually step out on their own. I hope I am wrong but it sounds like another stalking horse where "gun owners" can lecture us on the need for common sense gun control.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    I don't have a crystal ball, but I do notice general firearm ownership amongst all political affiliations growing. There are a growing number and subscriber count to multiple firearm subreddits that do not identify as republicans/conservatives.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The reality is that asians are such a small minority in the US, the dems will flat out ignore their existence.

Dems don't care about minorities, they care about votes. There's just not enough asians in the country for them to care.

It's more likely that the more activist/antifa side of things will carry some degree of influence than asians will.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The reality is that asians are such a small minority in the US, the dems will flat out ignore their existence.

Dems don't care about minorities, they care about votes. There's just not enough asians in the country for them to care.

It's more likely that the more activist/antifa side of things will carry some degree of influence than asians will.
    I'd say that Republicans care about votes, but given the recent trend of actively driving voters out of the party...

If the Republicans are going to be the minority for the foreseeable future, it would be good to have a vocal group of democrats yelling, "hands off our guns!"

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why be influenced when you've got a methodology down to rig elections?

tenor.gif

A) Why are Asian groups considered liberal?

B) Why are we so quick to think that people with a different political persuasion can't be just as passionate about guns?

C) Could it be that guns are part of our American conservative heritage and we're not willing to share that part of our identity?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    tenor.gif

B) Why are we so quick to think that people with a different political persuasion can't be just as passionate about guns?

C) Could it be that guns are part of our American conservative heritage and we're not willing to share that part of our identity?
    I'm just speaking for myself as an American conservative but I absolutely want more people of all persuasions to be just as passionate about defending the 2nd Amendment as I am and encourage them to openly join in fight to protect that right.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Wasn’t there recent news about universities discriminating against applicants with Asian heritage? Pretty sure the liberals don’t care when they can’t use them for their existing goals.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    tenor.gif

A) Because Asians are minorities and minorities are liberals, because that is what we have been conditioned to believe.
    B) The only people that like guns are conservative white christian males, AKA deplorables, because that is what we have been conditioned to believe.
    C) Yes, no one else should have guns (non white, non-christian liberals) because we don't want them pointed at us. Funny how that works.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Think I’d have unpurpled the portion of your comment about not liking guns pointed at me as that part is a very true statement!
    I think he's mocking the sentiment that we can't let our "political enemies" own guns.

If we're willing to place limits on the freedoms established by the Bill of Rights, then aren't we the bad guys at that point?

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I think he's mocking the sentiment that we can't let our "political enemies" own guns.

If we're willing to place limits on the freedoms established by the Bill of Rights, then aren't we the bad guys at that point?
    Yep, That's it!

Someday, the arguments that traditionally conservative gun owners have been using to preserve the right to own firearms might be used against conservatives. Liberals might decide to exercise their rights (I know a couple) and arm-up. They will not forever be a bunch of wussy Hogg or Kuntzman types. They will take you by surprise. They will show you their firearms and still insist that bigger government equates to more freedom.

It is something that most of us deplorables will never understand.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

D) Could it be that we'll wait to see whether they'll support the left at our expense in other areas before we make common cause with them? Somehow, I just can't see myself having much in common politically with the NFAC or the armed brigades of Antifa

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    D) Could it be that we'll wait to see whether they'll support the left at our expense in other areas before we make common cause with them? Somehow, I just can't see myself having much in common politically with the NFAC or the armed brigades of Antifa
    True.

And at the same time, I don't want anything to do with the Proud Boys or III%.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    How many Democrat gun owners do you think will be willing to vote for a Republican because the Democrat opponent is anti-gun? Not many I would think, because I doubt many of the new gun owners are going to become single-issue voters overnight

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    True.

And at the same time, I don't want anything to do with the Proud Boys or III%.
    False equivalence. The standard for acceptance was whether a group would support the left at our expense in areas other than RKBA or indeed even support the disarmament of some people as long as it was the 'right people' (both connotations)

I don't see Proud Boys or the III% making common cause with the left. I welcome their support. I might prefer them on a somewhat shorter leash, but recovering our freedoms is likely to be messy - so I'll adapt

Top Bottom