Maybe all those new gun owners will make a difference?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How many Democrat gun owners do you think will be willing to vote for a Republican because the Democrat opponent is anti-gun? Not many I would think, because I doubt many of the new gun owners are going to become single-issue voters overnight
    That's because they are certain the crocodile will eat them last. They are wrong, the crocodile will take the easiest meal. But by the time they realize their mistake it will be too late

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    False equivalence. The standard for acceptance was whether a group would support the left at our expense in areas other than RKBA or indeed even support the disarmament of some people as long as it was the 'right people' (both connotations)

I don't see Proud Boys or the III% making common cause with the left. I welcome their support. I might prefer them on a somewhat shorter leash, but recovering our freedoms is likely to be messy - so I'll adapt
    OK, OK, so why is it that people mention "liberal gun owners" and you immediately trot out a small minority fringe group?

Would you not agree that the number of sane liberal gun owners dwarfs the militants?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    It`s inconsistent with so called "liberal" values to be a gun owner. I`ve heard of these mythical "liberal gun owners", but I believe they are by and large just that, a myth. There may be a few people who lean liberal who own guns, but not the way we do, gun safes busting out and barely able to close the door.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    OK, OK, so why is it that people mention "liberal gun owners" and you immediately trot out a small minority fringe group?

Would you not agree that the number of sane liberal gun owners dwarfs the militants?
    The important part of the post you quoted

The standard for acceptance was whether a group would support the left at our expense in areas other than RKBA or indeed even support the disarmament of some people as long as it was the 'right people' (both connotations)

Liberal gun owners must demonstrate their bona fides, they might support RKBA in a self-serving manner or subordinate to other concerns

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

The standard for acceptance was whether a group would support the left at our expense in areas other than RKBA or indeed even support the disarmament of some people as long as it was the 'right people' (both connotations)

Liberal gun owners must demonstrate their bona fides, they might support RKBA in a self-serving manner or subordinate to other concerns
    Change is possible.

The Republicans changed from being fiscally conservative.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Fun fact, they've never cared about the law nor will they ever care about the law.

Sure, they may own guns. Sure they may turn them in. But likely within 24 hours they'll be buying a firearm illegally and saying "where's my free stuff?"

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    There was a former "high ranking member" of INGO that appeared to be left-leaning. He wasn't new to guns, but said he'd gladly turn them in to get Biden in. I hope the new gun owners vote to protect that right, but I'm not so sure.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    It`s inconsistent with so called "liberal" values to be a gun owner. I`ve heard of these mythical "liberal gun owners", but I believe they are by and large just that, a myth. There may be a few people who lean liberal who own guns, but not the way we do, gun safes busting out and barely able to close the door.
    Honestly, they do exist!

I know of one in particular that joined the NRA to receive instructor certifications in rifle, pistol and shotgun. He grew up with guns and believes in the right of self defense. He is prepared to defend himself from, whom he believes, are right-wing radical, gun owning nut-jobs. He owns many firearms and believes if you own firearms they should be stored in a safe. There has also been suggestions that he would willingly submit to government inspection of his residence and firearm storage because that's what you should do when you believe the government's role should be all-powerful overseer and granter of rights (my words, not his).

He also believes that gun owning should only be done by those properly vetted and certified (like himself) with plenty of government oversight. He also voted for Hillary and Biden and has the worst case of TDS that you could find.

He has brought a few others into his fold. He has recruited others with liberal political views to purchase firearms and receive his instruction as well.

Do not be fooled, they are out there. They just might turn you in to the "proper authorities" given the chance. They claim they would willingly surrender their firearms to their government if required to do so, but in the meantime they prefer to keep them because of the people they fear (conservative gun owners).

They fear the same mass-shooting whack-jobs and criminals that conservatives do. Their issue isn't necessarily gun ownership.

The parting of the waters comes from those that believe big government frees its people from personal responsibility and those that believe people should take responsibility upon themselves and have smaller government.

Currently, our society seems to prefer to have others take care of them. I don't see this changing any time soon.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Karl, has he no fear of the wackjobs on his own side of the issues? The ones who may threaten him or his family if they are determined, by the apparatchik on the spot, to be insufficiently supportive of anti-racism or some other such nostrum?

It always seems to be that those willing to tolerate government overreach always draw the line so it does not affect them. I've never discovered how, in the absence of the rule of law, they expect to ensure that line remains static, unless they are willing to turn those guns on the state at some point - in
    which case they become one of the 'right-wing nut jobs' they are worried about, at least in the eyes of the state

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I think you will start to see a massive increase in gun support by any honest traditionally left viewpoint. People living in cities have seen that government is only a riot away from totally abandoning the duty to protect it's citizens. Move the barricades to the government building. Anyone outside is left to fend for themselves.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Karl, has he no fear of the wackjobs on his own side of the issues? The ones who may threaten him or his family if they are determined, by the apparatchik on the spot, to be insufficiently supportive of anti-racism or some other such nostrum?

It always seems to be that those willing to tolerate government overreach always draw the line so it does not affect them. I've never discovered how, in the absence of the rule of law, they expect to ensure that line remains static, unless they are willing to turn those guns on the state at some point - in
    which case they become one of the 'right-wing nut jobs' they are worried about, at least in the eyes of the state
    He seems to believe that the left has obtained the high ground and moral superiority. If there is someone in need that threatens him (mugging or otherwise) they are obviously in need of help or assistance. He was once robbed at knife-point while carrying a gun. His justification for not drawing his gun was that his possessions were not worth taking the other persons life. I am uncertain if it goes as far as letting people ransack his house because they need his stuff more than he does.

It is my impression that he expects to always be on the side of the state. If "The State" is represented by the liberal party, then he believes he has nothing to fear because the liberal party has achieved moral superiority, concern for the well-being of all people represented and all that. He expects the left will always assure equality for everyone and fair representation.

I expect that a boot stamping a human face...forever, is not how he sees the potential future.

He does not seem to recognize the left has their own fair share of extremists or he is willing to give them a pass because they are on his side. He is not Antifa or an anarchist. My best determination is that he is a secular humanist with zeal and belief that all answers should come from a democratic government (as opposed to a representative republic).

His faith lies in humanity. Mine does not.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    I think you will start to see a massive increase in gun support by any honest traditionally left viewpoint. People living in cities have seen that government is only a riot away from totally abandoning the duty to protect it's citizens. Move the barricades to the government building. Anyone outside is left to fend for themselves.
    The problem is many of those believe that if we simply enacted some soundbite reform ("defund the police" or similar) then the riots would end and there would be no more need for them to defend themselves

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    D) Could it be that we'll wait to see whether they'll support the left at our expense in other areas before we make common cause with them? Somehow, I just can't see myself having much in common politically with the NFAC or the armed brigades of Antifa
    Unless the pro 2A candidate happens to support NFAC and Antifa

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    The problem is many of those believe that if we simply enacted some soundbite reform ("defund the police" or similar) then the riots would end and there would be no more need for them to defend themselves
    I don't know if they do or not.
    I talked with a friend who was present and engaged in the Indy riots (I've been friends with the guy for years, before he turned kind of loony). He agreed with my main point about gun ownership - lack of reliance on failed government systems.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom