• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Before I go out to spend the day on the tractor, I thought I would give you all something to marvel over.

Below we were talking about European modified Mausers. This is one that was highly modified by a famous gunsmith in Austria. It started life as a Gewher 88 in 7mm Mauser but was changed to chamber the .270. This was a bring back from post war Germany that had be sent off by a Gun and Rod club on one of the American bases. I am not sure of the type of wood used in the Mannlicher stock but it looks like English Walnut.

DSC05839.JPG
    DSC05840.JPG

DSC05844.JPG
    DSC05845.JPG

DSC05843.JPG
    DSC05842.JPG

Yes, the mag plate is silver. If you look the bolt safety is still there but not functioning due to the scope so he added a tang safety. You would be surprised at how light weight this rifle is. The sling is kind of rough but original to the gun.

Google M Amrusch Mauser for more of his work.

Last edited:

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    That is very nice, Dennis!

But
    Before I go out to spend the day on the tractor, I thought I would give you all something to marvel over.

Below we were talking about European modified Mausers. This is one that was highly modified by a famous gunsmith in Austria. It started life as a Gewher 88 in 7mm Mauser but was changed to chamber the .270. This was a bring back from post war Germany that had be sent off by a Gun and Rod club on one of the American bases. I am not sure of the type of wood used in the Mannlicher stock but it looks like English Walnut.

View attachment 160070
    View attachment 160071

View attachment 160072
    View attachment 160073

View attachment 160074
    View attachment 160075

Yes, the mag plate is silver. If you look the bolt safety is still there but not functioning due to the scope so he added a tang safety. You would be surprised at how light weight this rifle is. The sling is kind of rough but original to the gun.

Google M Amrusch Mauser for more of his work.

That is a very nice rifle, Dennis!

But you have a typo in the description. It's a 98, not an 88.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    *fans himself vigorously*

I've got the vapors!
    iu

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have never understood how engravers do what they do; particularly at rhat time.

I could not draw anything close to that on a flat piece of paper with a pen and pencil....let alone lay it down on a rifle with all the contours.

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Some Beautiful Craftmanship there, on what I still consider the Finest Bolt Action made. But I'm proud to be "Old School." Thanks for sharing the Pics!

Top Bottom