• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Having been a member for a few years now, I honestly had no idea it was this hard to get in. I'm glad I joined in the days of just mailing a check a waiting with my fingers crossed! I personally love the fact that the range has a limited membership, but I hate to hear there are folks spending a holiday sitting outside the gate.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I put my payment in the mail a couple days after receiving the paperwork. I hope to be making more frequent trips to the club this next year.

Thank you IndianaRog and the rest of the board for doing such good work!

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Just a quick reminder you must have your renewal in by 12/24/14 or you will lose your spot. It is the only way the Board can determine how many open spots there will be before the 1st. Don't wait too long. Also if you are a member and have not received your renewal paperwork please send an e-mail to the website.

Doug Barnes
    Secretary MSCC

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just a quick reminder you must have your renewal in by 12/24/14 or you will lose your spot. It is the only way the Board can determine how many open spots there will be before the 1st. Don't wait too long. Also if you are a member and have not received your renewal paperwork please send an e-mail to the website.

Doug Barnes
    Secretary MSCC

Sssh! Quit reminding people....:)

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    So when/how/where can people start lining up on the 31st? I'm already a member, but I plan on spending the night drinking with my buddy while he tries to get in.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So when/how/where can people start lining up on the 31st? I'm already a member, but I plan on spending the night drinking with my buddy while he tries to get in.

"No board member, we're not lining up early, I just brought my buddy out here to check the place out and see if he likes it or not. He's a little slow at checking things out is the only reason we've been here all night!"

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Noted below is the guidance just posted on the Martinsville Sportsman's Conservation Club website concerning new member application process for New Year's Day 2015. Also noted are details for an auction of an additional 10 memberships to be held later in the morning of New Year's Day.

This is also a final reminder that existing member renewal forms and checks MUST be in the Club's Martinsville PO box by Dec. 24th close...those who don't renew on time lose their spots to newcomers on New Year's Day.
    ======================================================

From our website as of 12/12/14

We maintain a fixed number of 500 family memberships (mom, dad and any kids under 18 in the same house = a membership).

Fees for a family membership for 2015 remain at $100/year for existing members (same as past few years). New members pay an additional, one time fee of $50 to cover an electronic gate card. Gate cards are re-used year to year and the gate card fee is paid only once when card is first received.

Existing member renewal packets for 2015 were mailed Sat. Nov. 8th, 2014. To renew membership, renewal form and check must be returned and in the Martinsville Post Office by Dec. 24th...no exceptions.

New membership spots for 2015 are created only when existing members do not renew by our Dec. 24th deadline.

Short entry road to the club off Burton Lane will be barricaded at the stop sign by 6 pm Wed. Dec. 31 (New Year's Eve)...no parking will be allowed on the entry road itself or to the sides. NO overnights are allowed by members inside club grounds...facility must be vacated by 6 pm Wed. 12/31.

Payment may be made by personal check or cash...receipts will be offered. Electronic gate card will be sent to new members by the end of Jan 2015 and is good for 12 months of club access 'til end Jan 2016.

The number of new member openings will be posted here just after Christmas, so you can decide if you want to wait in line for 8 am Jan 1 gate opening for new member applications.

New Auction option this year

10 additional memberships will be auctioned off at 10 AM on New Year's day 2015 at the Morgan County Fairgrounds in Martinsville. Fairgrounds Facility is on 252/Hospital Drive 1/4 mile West off of Highway 37, adjacent to the Morgan Hospital and across the street from the Armory.

Proceeds from these auctioned off spots above and beyond the $150 new member fee and any auction costs, will be donated to local 4H shooting sports.
    Payment may be made by personal check or cash...receipts will be offered. Electronic gate card will be sent to new members by the end of Jan 2015 and is good for 12 months of club access 'til end Jan 2016.

While these 10 memberships will go to the highest bidders, if winners choose to renew in Nov/Dec 2015 for the year 2016, they will renew at the current rate for existing members which is $100 a year for 2015.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Will the auction winners be allowed to use the range until they receive the key cards?

NO...like all newcomers who join New Year's day, the access gate cards are mailed to each person by the end of January and membership/access then spans 12 months from end Jan to the next end Jan.

Patience is a virtue as momma used to say!

Top Bottom