• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Sending in my renewal today, had to wait until some $ were deposited in the old checking account. With all the work that has been done in the last few years at the range, and the lack of decent places to send a few rounds down range in the surrounding counties I would expect a lack of openings like last year. My chiropractor got too busy with his patients a couple of years ago and forgot to send in his renewal and has regretted his over sight ever since.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sending in my renewal today, had to wait until some $ were deposited in the old checking account. With all the work that has been done in the last few years at the range, and the lack of decent places to send a few rounds down range in the surrounding counties I would expect a lack of openings like last year. My chiropractor got too busy with his patients a couple of years ago and forgot to send in his renewal and has regretted his over sight ever since.
    I'd be surprised if there are openings too. I got in the year before they went with the auction to benefit 4H (waiting in line from about 5 p.m. New Years Eve until they opened up at 8 a.m. New Years Day), and I don't think there have been any openings since the auction. Worth every minute I spent waiting! I mailed in my renewal about a week after I got it this year. :)

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I was fortunate enough to get in several years ago just when things were just starting to get a little crazy, arrived at 3:00am & was #4 or #5 in line, by 7:00 there were cars lined up down Burton Ln. Sent my renewal a few days after receipt this year, check cleared last month. :)

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I got in the last year they took post office time/date stamp. I think my membership is one of the most sought after items I own.
    The improvements in the last three years are wonderful, even if I never use the long range rifle range. Plus the road repair, now I don't have to worry about sliding into the creek!

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    As others have pointed out, our club's renewal cutoff for existing members is Dec. 25th. Check our website around Dec. 29th for advice on whether there will be any new openings, the number and how they would be distributed. For those existing members who have procrastinated at mailing in their renewal form and check...time is running out, if not in our hands by Dec. 25...your spot is gone.

Trust me, there are a hundred or more folks who will take your spot in a heartbeat!!!

Roger for the Board

Last edited:

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    I used to be a member back in 2000-2003, when I was in school in Bloomington. I'd heard that they made a lot of improvments, but had no idea a membership had become such a hot commodity!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It's a GREAT facility that's for sure! Was talking to one of the directors the other day and I'd be surprised if any openings are available again this year. They've increased the dues this year so looking forward to the future to see how much better it gets!:rockwoot:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Hubbies was paid and mailed within a week of the notice. Got our new gate pass in the mail a few weeks later. (Gate pass had been stolen out of a vehicle break in).

So I know we're in for another year. We've been there so long, I can't remember how long. I just know it's something I'll pay year after year, no matter what.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Does it look like they’ll open membership to more people in the near future?
    The stories I’ve heard of people trying to get in line on New Year’s Eve make it seem unlikely to get in without them raising the numbers.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Does it look like they’ll open membership to more people in the near future?
    The stories I’ve heard of people trying to get in line on New Year’s Eve make it seem unlikely to get in without them raising the numbers.

I can't speak for the board, but this has been asked several times before and the short answer has always been "no". Right now it's capped at 500 members. I know it sounds selfish but speaking for myself I kinda like it that way (nothing personal Dirtebiker! :):). It's kinda nice never having to wait on a lane or even just feel "crowded". There have been times during the week that I've gone and not seen another shooter, or maybe one or two others. They did raise the dues this year but as has been mentioned, with all the improvements they've made just in the short time I've been a member it's well worth it and understandable.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I think they auctioned off some additional memberships a few years ago. I can't remember what they brought but they were not cheap.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    I can't speak for the board, but this has been asked several times before and the short answer has always been "no". Right now it's capped at 500 members. I know it sounds selfish but speaking for myself I kinda like it that way (nothing personal Dirtebiker! :):). It's kinda nice never having to wait on a lane or even just feel "crowded". There have been times during the week that I've gone and not seen another shooter, or maybe one or two others.

^THIS,
    half of the beauty of this wonderful slice of paradise is the feeling of having it to yourself.
    On the occasion you do run into someone else they are ALWAYS Good gun loving brothers and sisters, like one big happy family !:rockwoot:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think they auctioned off some additional memberships a few years ago. I can't remember what they brought but they were not cheap.

I was thinking (that's trouble right there :):) that those weren't additional memberships, but just the openings they had at the time as an alternative to having people wait in line all night. IIRC, there were 10 memberships and they brought in about $15K, however everything above and beyond the normal (then) $150 membership fee ($100 plus a one-time $50 for the gate pass) was donated to the local 4H shooting program. :yesway:

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I was thinking (that's trouble right there :):) that those weren't additional memberships, but just the openings they had at the time as an alternative to having people wait in line all night. IIRC, there were 10 memberships and they brought in about $15K, however everything above and beyond the normal (then) $150 membership fee ($100 plus a one-time $50 for the gate pass) was donated to the local 4H shooting program. :yesway:

If I remember correctly this put them 10 memberships over the 500 limit. There may be no memberships available until they break below the 500 threshold, don't know for sure.

Top Bottom