• ...and so much more!
  • Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    Hello All,

Recently acquired a Youth Model Marlin XT 22 and it will not eject the case after firing.

Looks like the extractor just continues to hold on even after bringing the bolt back

Upon closer inspection, I see that the tip/top of the ejector is broken.

I’ve circled the broken area in red below

ffb905bba56e21a316caffe5703a9c55.jpg

My question is, if I cannot find this part anywhere online and Marlin doesn’t seem to warranty this serial number rifle, where is the next best place to find this part?

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Do those come back in stock or should I setup a search notification for eBay?
    ** sigh ** set up the search notifiction ... it was just a suggestion to an alternate location to look for the part you were wanting. Lacking any information on where you had already looked, eBay is often overlooked as a potential source of parts.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    Just did a search…some of the results were from eBay but old…Everywhere else was sold out or out of stock…

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    The information about who you've personally searced out is sparse. So, you may continue to get suggestions of areas aready investigated.

Please confirm that you've already contacted whoever currently owns Marlin and they don't sell spare parts.

If so, do you know anybody who lives in the UK willing to send you some parts?

This outfit claims that they only sells to the UK, but lists your part as in stock ... https://www.marlinspares.com/product/304348/

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    The information about who you've personally searced out is sparse. So, you may continue to get suggestions of areas aready investigated.

Please confirm that you've already contacted whoever currently owns Marlin and they don't sell spare parts.

If so, do you know anybody who lives in the UK willing to send you some parts?

This outfit claims that they only sells to the UK, but lists your part as in stock ... https://www.marlinspares.com/product/304348/
    I appreciate the link!

I tried ordering through a forwarding address, I hope it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I just received a part from Marlinspares in the UK. It was ordered over a month ago and I thought they weren't going to ship overseas but they do, just takes awhile. Maybe gun parts take long due to customs. It had a customs tag on it but don't remember seeing one on a sweater from Ireland a couple years ago.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    Conclusion:

Ordered the ejectors from MarlinpartsUK
    Ordered DIP aluminum magwell

I got the two roll pins out from the old brittle plastic magwell, which likely caused the ejector to snap.

Installed the new silver ejector (i bought one silver and one black) onto the new DIP aluminum magwell. Put everything back together. However I forgot the screw that goes into the front of the magwell, which caused problems going into battery at times. Found the screw in my tool box and put everything back together and it seems to cycle perfectly.

Top Bottom