• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RspecZX6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Shelbyville, IN
    I have an older Marlin Glenfield Model 25 .22 that my father passed down to me when I was a teen. I received 2 mags with the rifle, but inspecting them the other day I noticed that one is broken.

I`ve only used 1 mag with the rifle and never noticed the broken one until now. However while searching locally for a replacement I found out that Marlin discontinued the magazine for this model.

Are there any alternatives? There are a few on ebay currently, so I might just have to purchase all of them lol.

This rifle shoots very nice is a quite accurate. It means alot to me as it also belonged to my father, who has sinced passed away.

The magazines look like this-(photo from ebay)
    $T2eC16NHJGYE9nooh,EIBRC-r)JkCQ~~60_12.JPG

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    The original Marlin made item, new in package is a staple at most any LGS for around $12-15 or so.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Web order? :P

What fun is that?

My LGS is fair sized, and I hit a few smaller ones. Those mags have been scarfed for some time, as have any 880/780 or even magnums of old in Walnut.

Like I said, Midway has 'em.

More fun to visit various shops with a list :)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Web order? :P

What fun is that?

My LGS is fair sized, and I hit a few smaller ones. Those mags have been scarfed for some time, as have any 880/780 or even magnums of old in Walnut.

Like I said, Midway has 'em.

More fun to visit various shops with a list :)

Another fan of the old Marlins? I had a nice 782 .22mag when I was a kid and always look for those at the gunshows. I saw two at the last 1500 and almost took one but didn't. Gunbroker had a nice 783 but it bid well past 400.00 and I don't want one that bad.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Yup, steel& walnut standard moedium quiality stuff of our youth has gone crazy in price, or at least in "asking price".

I aint payin' that. I have $100 in the 780 I'm refinishing for my daughter. But then a decent scope and base, will add 2 times that.

Top Bottom