• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Before the plandemic 700 from a collector of Marlins and that was the for sale price on the table at the gun show. It was at the show three shows in a row so it did not move at that price either. Near mint condition with leather sling no scope.

Without the marlin 1970 coin 500. I think the 1970 run had better quality wood than other years and I believe that applied across the lineup for 1970.

You have the M1 carbine users as your market after Marlin collectors. Nice guns but do not clean with brake cleaner as it makes the rear bolt buffer plastic brittle (age can effect this also) plastic does not like it.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Is the sling Marlin stamped? The reason I ask if the sling is Marlin stamped. Is because if it is. The sling alone is worth between $100-$150 depending on condition. Just some FYI.

Last edited:

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Looks almost exactly like my Glenfield 70 but mine lacks the upper wood handguard. Incredibly handy little gun at 4.5lbs, and I'm working on getting it reliable. I got the light strikes figured out, and the ejector. I have it running now with most ammo, but now I'm determined to get it to eat that 1400 rounds of Remington Golden junk that I bought. I snagged it for $169 off of the used rack at the LGS. I don't know or really care what it's worth...I'm planning to shoot the snot out of it with my kids once I can take it to the range without having to bring a screwdriver along to clear jams.

51349166718_7283e9e8af_w.jpg

Yours is much more collectable (and thus valuable) than mine with the M1 carbine looking handguard and the medallion. Everything Marlin has gone stupid with their bankruptcy, too, so this stuff is at an all-time high, and it's hard to put a reliable number on anything these days. I'm not sure if it will go down once the Ruger made guns start hitting the shelves, or if the older guns will always demand a premium. Plus, we don't know for sure at this point if Ruger is even going to continue production of the model 60 or it's variants.

Last edited:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I had an M989 years ago, no medallion, just a plane jane M-1 carbine looking gun, sweet shooter, but this was before the interwebs, so it was hit or miss as to finding an extra magazine. Bought it at a pawn shop for $100, sold it not too long after...

Top Bottom