Marines determined to be best at recruiting gays, lesbians...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I hate to break it to you, but they already were.

I am not sure why this has been repeated, what, 3 times now. Everyone knows that. That was the purpose of DADT. Kind of like carrying concealed, it isn't anyone else's business. But they wanted the right to serve while letting everyone know their sexual preferences.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I'll bet there are a lot more Marine recruiters that will use their discretion to keep gays out than those that go searching for them. Just saying.

Oh, and for the record, they repealed DADT. They didn't legalize homosexuality in the Armed Forces. They restored the state of things back to the way they were when I was on active duty, when they would ask if you were gay and discharge you for violating good order and discipline. It's a policy shift away from being overturned.

The President is Commmander in Chief and under the Constitution controls the Army and Navy, subject to the powers delegated to Congress to organize them. Courts have no authority under the Constitution to dictate how the Commander in Chief is to perform those duties absent instructions from Congress.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I'll bet there are a lot more Marine recruiters that will use their discretion to keep gays out than those that go searching for them. Just saying.

Oh, and for the record, they repealed DADT. They didn't legalize homosexuality in the Armed Forces. They restored the state of things back to the way they were when I was on active duty, when they would ask if you were gay and discharge you for violating good order and discipline. It's a policy shift away from being overturned.

The President is Commmander in Chief and under the Constitution controls the Army and Navy, subject to the powers delegated to Congress to organize them. Courts have no authority under the Constitution to dictate how the Commander in Chief is to perform those duties absent instructions from Congress.

I somewhat agree with you. It should be up to the military whether or not gays should be able to serve. Personally though, I have no problem with gays serving in the military. I've seen some of them interviewed, and they're way more badass than I'll ever be lol. :):

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I don't understand what the dam big deal is......there have always been gays serving, people knew they were gay.....they simply could'nt bring it in/around work and they still won't be able to....it's "unprofessional" to do so no matter if they're gay or straight and it's against other "professionalism regulations"......what I want to know...is how are they gonna deal with this at boot camp....I mean...you can't have gay men bunk with straight and same with women....and you can't put the gays with the opposite sex because then every male recruit is gonna claim to be gay so he gets housed with the straight females..lol

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I somewhat agree with you. It should be up to the military whether or not gays should be able to serve. Personally though, I have no problem with gays serving in the military. I've seen some of them interviewed, and they're way more badass than I'll ever be lol. :):

I never had a problem with them serving either. Most I knew were in support roles and damn good at their jobs. I can't say I supported some of the CID stings I saw in the Army, trying to root them out just to kick them out.

If they do their job well, then leave them be.

Top Bottom