• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    yup, when we lived on base the kids even got out of the pool to pay respect! It's truly and honor!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Today's youth are taught they don't have to respect our flag, anthem and so forth. So most don't. It great to see some young Americans that have learn respect. Way to go kids!! They have earned my respect.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I remember when I was kid and in Korea, 8th Army Garrison Post, everything, and I mean everything, came to a stop. If you were in a car you got out and rendered honors to the Flag. In theaters the first thing played was the National Anthem, everyone came to attention, if you didn't you were "asked" to leave.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We lived in base housing for a lot of years. I was always proud when I saw kids show respect for the flag/National Anthem.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I cannot remember the last time I was at an Indepenence day parade and saw younger people stand up as the flag was presented.

I really do not have a religious conflict with patriotism. This was a good county that allowed religious freedom and good humanitarian activities. I see being a good citizen, protecting the country and speaking for righteousness part of good stewardship.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Brings back memories. I remember as a kid, getting out of the pool at the officers club at Ft. Harrison every day at 5pm and standing at attention facing the flag while a howitzer fired off a blank round to the music. Ahhh....the good old days.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    We stand up for the National Anthem, even if we're watching the game from home. My 7 year old is starting to "get it" as they still do faithfully recite the pledge of allegiance at school every morning. A lot of people sacrificed a whole bunch to make sure that flag still flies overhead. Its the least we could do to stop for a minute and respect it.

Top Bottom