March 2011 Indy 1500 (18th, 19th, and 20th)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TN_Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    The backside of nowhere
    OK, me and my whole family are planning on going to the 1500 this Sunday. this will be our first time to the show.

How much does it cost to park and get in? I can't find this info anywhere on line. Also, I assume this is like most gun shows, no loaded firearms allowed inside the show, even those carried concealed?

Thanks guys.

Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    No vendor details. A lot of them did not have signs distinguishing their business. Don't get me wrong, i was a lot of cool firearms, but the value is not there ($3-parking, $10-entry)! Most of the vendors were the same as the last show and even in the same exact location.

Best part was vendor wars!

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Wasted my time at the show today. Couldn't find any deals that were worth the price of admission. I did observe two vendor arguments when potential customers called them out on their overpriced items. I thought one was going to blows.

I also watched a vendor walk up to another table and loudly state they were overpricing merchandise by 10% compared to his table.

I will probably not attend another INDY 1500!

I did see some big fat vendor (fat, I mean 4 bills+)with a ghetto pony tail get into with a customer.
    He was yelling at the guy telling him to "come around the table" or something to that extent.
    We could hear this from about 3 or 4 rows over. Guy had his family and a child with him.

One of the show staff ushered the people away.
    Don't know what it was over or about.

I think someone stole his donut or something.....

Last edited:

Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Danville
    Promag AR 15 32-round 9mm magazines - $16.99 each
    Ruger 10-22 polymer 10-round magazines - $13.99
    Shooting mat - $24.99
    Sniper 50" drag bag - $64.99
    Blackhawk tactical sling - $7.49

The drag bag sounds very interesting, do you have
    a link for it?

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Left today just before the place opened up, (real jobs suck)

Wear your swag and get half off LTC weapon grade Laminations.

Were also giving free T shirt with non consignment firearm purchases.

Kinda disappointing from what I have heard from alot of folks on both sides of the table, I will be there At the TSG booth tomorrow working with the the wife and Girls,

The girls will be wandering around the booth sporting the shirts we just got in just before the show.

Were also Raffling another BSA 10/22 to help Troop 9 for this coming summers Camp outs and events.

We always enjoy the shows win or lose but the venue is just getting too tight, they need to get into a larger space or take a row of tables out widen the Isles just a tad.

Hope we see a bunch of you guys and gals out there the next couple of days, always a pleasure shaking hands and shooting the **** when time allows.

Last edited:

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    I did see some big fat vendor (fat, I mean 4 bills+)with a ghetto pony tail get into with a customer.
    He was yelling at the guy telling him to "come around the table" or something to that extent.
    We could hear this from about 3 or 4 rows over. Guy had his family and a child with him.

One of the show staff took ushered the people away.
    Don't know what it was over or about.

I think someone stole his donut or something.....

i seen that also.... you must have been right by me..lol... i don`t think that vender got much buisness tonight after that...:n00b:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I finally met Scutter and became a site supporter (finally). Sat at the MCF&G table for a while. Walked around and found a lot of over-priced guns. Example: A blued Remington Rand 1911A1 which was is moderate condition or less, for $1000. Really??? Did see some AK-47s for $469, which I thought was an alright price. S&W M&P 45s varied in price from just under $500 to well over $600, both new in the box, and both with safeties. Go figure.

Got some ammo at the Red Star Ammo table. Found another guy who had bricks of CCI Blazer .22LR for $18, which I thought was a good price, so I got one of those. Finally found some non-aerosol Breakfree ($8), which for some really strange reason, is impossible to find locally. Found an AR15 chamber brush. $3.

Found a scope mount for the carry handle of an A1 upper. The price? $65. No thanks!!

Couldn't find any scope mounts for a Crickett rifle.

Was going to get an Urban ERT sling for my AR, but they were swamped. Never found the TSG table.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I finally met Scutter and became a site supporter (finally). Sat at the MCF&G table for a while. Walked around and found a lot of over-priced guns. Example: A blued Remington Rand 1911A1 which was is moderate condition or less, for $1000. Really??? Did see some AK-47s for $469, which I thought was an alright price. S&W M&P 45s varied in price from just under $500 to well over $600, both new in the box, and both with safeties. Go figure.

Got some ammo at the Red Star Ammo table. Found another guy who had bricks of CCI Blazer .22LR for $18, which I thought was a good price, so I got one of those. Finally found some non-aerosol Breakfree ($8), which for some really strange reason, is impossible to find locally. Found an AR15 chamber brush. $3.

Found a scope mount for the carry handle of an A1 upper. The price? $65. No thanks!!

Was going to get an Urban ERT sling for my AR, but they were swamped. Never found the TSG table.
    If you plan on coming back, 21st Century has a M&P 45 with standard and threaded barrel without a safety. If you stop by the table I can point you over to TSG. 21st is set up very close to Indiana Firearms Law Reference Manual - Bryan Ciyou/INGO

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Standing at the Raven cash register, TSG was the first booth on the aisle behind them to your 10 o'clock.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    If you plan on coming back, 21st Century has a M&P 45 with standard and threaded barrel without a safety. If you stop by the table I can point you over to TSG. 21st is set up very close to Indiana Firearms Law Reference Manual - Bryan Ciyou/INGO

I'm not really looking for one. I already have one, and love it. I just use a few firearms I'm familiar with to use as a reference on prices. If a place has a firearm listed for $600 that I know should be in the $500 range, then I can assume that the other firearms they have, which I may not be current on pricing, are also overpriced, and I will move along.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Wasted my time at the show today. Couldn't find any deals that were worth the price of admission. I did observe two vendor arguments when potential customers called them out on their overpriced items. I thought one was going to blows.

I also watched a vendor walk up to another table and loudly state they were overpricing merchandise by 10% compared to his table.

I will probably not attend another INDY 1500!

As far as gun purchases go, you can't beat Plainfield Shooting Supply or Bradis. I usually only go for reloading components or other odds and ends. Last time I ended up with some Winchester Small Pistol Primers and SOG from Brad's knives. Fighting the crowds and it being 175 deg. F, I usually just stay away.

Sorry about the delayed answer on your text. Work was a little crazy yesterday afternoon.:D

Top Bottom