• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I was at WalMart, doing the weekly shopping today. I was looking for blue stuff to fill up the windshield washer reservoir in the trusty Subaru. As I was walking back to the cart, I saw a older guy having an animated (one way) discussion with an employee.

He finished and walked away before I was back in ear-shot. I asked Mrs. Xmil what what was going on, because she was standing right beside them.

The entire conversation was: "THERE IS A MAN OVER THERE IN A BLACK SHIRT AND A BLACK HAT WITH. A. GUN! IN THE BACK OF HIS PANTS!!"

To her credit, the woman (well-dressed, nice looking, 60ish) didn't even bat an eye. The guy threw up his hands and walked off with a smug and exasperated look on his face.

The weird part to me, beyond the fact that he freaked out, is that he didn't seem worried or scared, so I'm not sure why he chose to freak out. In fact, he just carried on with his shopping.

He didn't call the cops, and none showed up, that I saw. It was the 10th St. Walmart in Columbus, which is a gun friendly place, I see people open carrying in there from time to time with no drama from the Walmartians.

Oh, I was not the man in a black shirt and a black hat with a gun in the back of his pants.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    In the automotive section? Hmm. Should've directed [STRIKE]him[/STRIKE] to the aisle with the pantyhose.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Similar thing just happened at Rural King about 20 minutes ago. As I was walking in a lady and her husband were mildly, excitably, expressing their displeasure to a young store clerk. I heard something a "concealed" and "anybody could just reach out and grab it from him", along with "Is he allowed to have that in there?". I heard the young employee tell them "I see them in there all the time, but they are usually in holsters". That was about all I caught walking by. When I got in there, I saw a man standing in the checkout lane with a bright yellow polo on and a large what appeared to be a holster sticking up outside his shirt in the small of his back. It was a long distance (N. entry to the check-out), and I'm assuming that was the guy. If that was him, and that was a holster/pistol sticking up, the lady was right, it didn't look very secure. Glad whomever it was, was comfortable exercising their right to carry albeit somewhat awkward. Glad the Rural King employee didn't think too much about it.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I was at WalMart, doing the weekly shopping today. I was looking for blue stuff to fill up the windshield washer reservoir in the trusty Subaru. As I was walking back to the cart, I saw a older guy having an animated (one way) discussion with an employee.

He finished and walked away before I was back in ear-shot. I asked Mrs. Xmil what what was going on, because she was standing right beside them.

The entire conversation was: "THERE IS A MAN OVER THERE IN A BLACK SHIRT AND A BLACK HAT WITH. A. GUN! IN THE BACK OF HIS PANTS!!"

To her credit, the woman (well-dressed, nice looking, 60ish) didn't even bat an eye. The guy threw up his hands and walked off with a smug and exasperated look on his face.

The weird part to me, beyond the fact that he freaked out, is that he didn't seem worried or scared, so I'm not sure why he chose to freak out. In fact, he just carried on with his shopping.

He didn't call the cops, and none showed up, that I saw. It was the 10th St. Walmart in Columbus, which is a gun friendly place, I see people open carrying in there from time to time with no drama from the Walmartians.

Oh, I was not the man in a black shirt and a black hat with a gun in the back of his pants.
    Sounds like some spoiled brat just trying to have his way.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Happens now and then when a customer OCs into the store, which happens pretty frequently. Another customer will come and ask me about it. Not had any "freak out." Usually goes something like this:

"Did you notice that guy is carrying a gun?"

"Yes, looks like a nice one, too."

"Is it legal to carry it like that?"

"Yes, so long as they have a license to carry."

"Wow, I didn't know that. Why would someone want to carry like that?"

Followed by my dissertation on the reasons I sometimes OC.

Reactions range from "Oh, OK" to "Cool! I didn't know you could do that! Sure would be nicer in the summertime!"

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    The only time I've been bothered by anything at WM was by a door greeter. Two different WMs, two different cities, same knife on my belt.

Yes, I said knife. They didn't like my knife. This, the same knife I'd carried a hundred times into these stores before. This, the same knife they sell in the friggin knife case in sporting goods. This, the same knife I bought out of the knife case at the first WM I was hassled about it.

The first time, I politely complied with the request to take it to my car. I did tell the guy that I'd not only carried the knife multiple times before, but I actually bought it there. He didn't care. I was young and stupid, and complied. The last time, I, well it's a long story that involves info I'm not going to post on an open internet forum, but management admitted they were wrong at that moment, after some heated discussion.

I haven't been hassled yet about my gun. I haven't worn the knife along side my gun, but I've been considering experimenting. I normally don't carry that knife, but the one I like carrying has a sheath issue that needs rectifying.

Oh, btw, it's a Buck 119. And that's baaaaaad. :sheep: :n00b:

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    The only time I've been bothered by anything at WM was by a door greeter. Two different WMs, two different cities, same knife on my belt.

Yes, I said knife. They didn't like my knife. This, the same knife I'd carried a hundred times into these stores before. This, the same knife they sell in the friggin knife case in sporting goods. This, the same knife I bought out of the knife case at the first WM I was hassled about it.

The first time, I politely complied with the request to take it to my car. I did tell the guy that I'd not only carried the knife multiple times before, but I actually bought it there. He didn't care. I was young and stupid, and complied. The last time, I, well it's a long story that involves info I'm not going to post on an open internet forum, but management admitted they were wrong at that moment, after some heated discussion.

I haven't been hassled yet about my gun. I haven't worn the knife along side my gun, but I've been considering experimenting. I normally don't carry that knife, but the one I like carrying has a sheath issue that needs rectifying.

Oh, btw, it's a Buck 119. And that's baaaaaad. :sheep: :n00b:

I saw a younger guy wearing BDU's and what looked like a Buck 119 in the Bedford walmart all ticked off. Was that you?

9lock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Classified
    Your first mistake was going to Wal Mart, the one thing I don't understand about this forum is the anti Liberal talk yet, HEY I love Wal Mart!

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Your first mistake was going to Wal Mart, the one thing I don't understand about this forum is the anti Liberal talk yet, HEY I love Wal Mart!

So it would make me a good conservative if I spent more money for the same things other stores sell that they bought from same place in China? Knowing full well that the only person I'm hurting by doing that is myself, I'll shop there as long everybody else does.

FYI, Bradyite marching orders are to make a public display open encountering those bearing arms. Maybe you ran into a true believer?

I hate to judge a book by it's cover, but if this guy wasn't a dailykos reading, prius driving, change-you-can-belive-in, disciple of Brother Algore, I'll trade in my guns for carbon credits.

Last edited:

MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    I had two not so good encounters at WAL-MART recently. One was a manager asking me to cover my weapon and the other was two employees saw my gun and got scared and told the LEO that was working there at the time. I think they were shocked when the LEO did'nt take me away in handcuffs.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Why does it bother you?

That is probably the only question I would ask someone that freaks out at the site of someone with a gun. I really want to know why they are afraid of, or concerned about seeing someone with a handgun on their hip. They don't freak out when they see LEO with a gun, do they have special powers? Obviously the government (and the authors of our Constitution) believe I have as much right to carry a firearm as they do. If I cover my gun with a T-shirt do they feel safer with that cotton barrier protecting them? I really want to know the answer to my first question. Are they afraid of guns? If they only knew how many people CC they would never leave their homes.:twocents:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    It was just a whining crybaby I-Hate-Guns Obama voter having a tantrum. Pay them no mind.

Like usual, I apologize for the slight derail. I will try to keep it short.

Can we PLEASE try to keep "liberal bashing" out of this board? I understand if it is relevant and pertaining to carry issues, but this is not. I am a more liberal minded person. I take offense at some of this "bashing" and superiority complex some people on here have. Can we just grow up? I mean dear god, some people dont have the same political views as you, get over it! The president has not done ANYTHING to infringe on your rights, yet people continue to whine. Yes, he is a democrat. Yes, democrats have a tendency to also be anti-gun. Yes, we know you dont like democrats. No, this does not give you an excuse to spew cookie cutter garbage that is insulting to everyone intelligence.

/done

That is probably the only question I would ask someone that freaks out at the site of someone with a gun. I really want to know why they are afraid of, or concerned about seeing someone with a handgun on their hip. They don't freak out when they see LEO with a gun, do they have special powers? Obviously the government (and the authors of our Constitution) believe I have as much right to carry a firearm as they do. If I cover my gun with a T-shirt do they feel safer with that cotton barrier protecting them? I really want to know the answer to my first question. Are they afraid of guns? If they only knew how many people CC they would never leave their homes.:twocents:

Yeah, that is what gets me. My [STRIKE]girlfriend[/STRIKE] fiance (:rockwoot:) works at the Gamestop in UP Mall. No one has ever said anything to me while carrying in there, but apparently lately the security guards have been coming in after I leave and telling her manager to say something to me. They havent said anything, but they constantly bug her about it. She has brought up a few times that many of their customers carry guns, they are just concealed. Their reply is always that the only person they have ever seen with a gun in there is me. They are clearly just not aware of it, and I think that is what it boils down to. Out of sight, out of mind sort of thing. I regularly see others carrying in the mall, most of the time in that store. My fiance says the same thing. Even pointing that out, they are more concerned with the fact that they know someone is carrying (sometimes I am concealed and they say something to her, since they are looking for it now). I guess sheeple just cant be explained. If they were really concerned with their safety (or my safety) they would be carrying too.

Oh, and everyone go preorder something from the only girl that works at the Gamestop in UP Mall. She works Tuesday nights. More preorders = more hours = more money. That directly effects my gun budget!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Can we PLEASE try to keep "liberal bashing" out of this board? I understand if it is relevant and pertaining to carry issues, but this is not.snip!

No. It's not only relevant to our rights to keep and bear arms, which liberals have systematically and treasonously tried to destroy, it's important to us as Americans, as they do not limit their attempts to dismantle the Constitution to the 2nd Amendment. If you are offended because you are a liberal, bummer deal for you. Try to adopt a political philosophy more in keeping with American ideals instead of trying to, for example, silence speech with which you disagree.

Dodgerdoob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Bloomington
    There is definitely a difference from when I moved here from KY 6 months ago. Down there, no one batted an eye at oc. Not even in Lexington, maybe Loisville, but thats not really a kentucky town. People here are certainly more sensitive.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    The president has not done ANYTHING to infringe on your rights, yet people continue to whine.

Oh really? So its OK that we cant opt out of health care? 2nd Amendment rights is now all we are concerned about and although he has done nothing to infringe on those rights, his term isnt over yet

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County

Can we PLEASE try to keep "liberal bashing" out of this board? I understand if it is relevant and pertaining to carry issues, but this is not. I am a more liberal minded person. I take offense at some of this "bashing" and superiority complex some people on here have. Can we just grow up? I mean dear god, some people dont have the same political views as you, get over it! The president has not done ANYTHING to infringe on your rights, yet people continue to whine. Yes, he is a democrat. Yes, democrats have a tendency to also be anti-gun. Yes, we know you dont like democrats. No, this does not give you an excuse to spew cookie cutter garbage that is insulting to everyone intelligence.

/done

Yeah, that is what gets me. My [strike]girlfriend[/strike] fiance (:rockwoot:) works at the Gamestop in UP Mall. No one has ever said anything to me while carrying in there, but apparently lately the security guards have been coming in after I leave and telling her manager to say something to me. They havent said anything, but they constantly bug her about it. She has brought up a few times that many of their customers carry guns, they are just concealed. Their reply is always that the only person they have ever seen with a gun in there is me. They are clearly just not aware of it, and I think that is what it boils down to. Out of sight, out of mind sort of thing. I regularly see others carrying in the mall, most of the time in that store. My fiance says the same thing. Even pointing that out, they are more concerned with the fact that they know someone is carrying (sometimes I am concealed and they say something to her, since they are looking for it now). I guess sheeple just cant be explained. If they were really concerned with their safety (or my safety) they would be carrying too.

Oh, and everyone go preorder something from the only girl that works at the Gamestop in UP Mall. She works Tuesday nights. More preorders = more hours = more money. That directly effects my gun budget!

Oh let me see what you are saying here....oh yes, I see.

My answer to you is this. Dear God, (yes God is supposed to be capitalized) evidently my political views are not the same as yours, so get over it. Parctice what you preach sir. Thank you.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    snip

The president has not done ANYTHING to infringe on your rights, yet people continue to whine. Yes, he is a democrat. Yes, democrats have a tendency to also be anti-gun.

snip

:lmfao:

Please Josh, read this statement over and over until you do this:ugh:

FTR.........I do not consider myself a "liberal" or a "conservative", but you have to do better than that if you are going to attempt to fight this fight.:twocents:

Top Bottom