• ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And keep away from PTO's as well kids. An exposed shaft that's spinning can make this look like a minor boo boo.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    db1166-pumpkin-puke.jpg

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    This teaches another thing that Id like to remind every body about bench grinders and leather gloves, or even lathes & rags, or long hair/long sleeves around drill presses & mills:

DON'T DO IT. JUST DON'T. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT, RUN AWAY FROM YOUR SELF!

I've seen my fair share of human parts no longer attached to said human because of things (rags, long hair, fingers, thumbs, arms) getting wrapped around grinders, lathes, and mills.

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This teaches another thing that Id like to remind every body about bench grinders and leather gloves, or even lathes & rags, or long hair/long sleeves around drill presses & mills:

I've seen my fair share of human parts no longer attached to said human because of things (rags, long hair, fingers, thumbs, arms) getting wrapped around grinders, lathes, and mills.

My dad's cousin's husband got his glove caught in a lathe that was spinning down. It sucked him faster than he could react and wound his hand and arm past the elbow around the piece he was machining. He lost 3 fingers, 1/2 of his hand and broke his arm in 14 places.:eek:
    Seeing his recovery process instilled a very healthy respect for machinery in me, I was about 12.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Ugh, A kid in my shop class in high school was leaning against drill press,
    put his fingers into the open top and got them in between the belt drive
    and the pulleys. Took the ends of 2. OWLCH!

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    Thats some minor stuff right there ... You aint seen nothing till you seen a Farmer step over a running PTO shaft and the string hanging from the crotch of his Carhartts catch grab pull down and toss the 'Farmers Lil Plow" as he called it across the field and on top of his Barn quite impressive and will leave ya speechless when your first on scene and ask "Hey buddy you ok??? What happened?" "My P@^%er got yanked off and flew somewhere that way" :n00b: How do you respond to that??????

Top Bottom