• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Well, some of you likely read the issues of young people down at Circle Centre Mall in Indy causing all sorts of issues, even attacking police trying to break-up the fights and what not. Then there is an issue in Chicago where a bunch of young adults started fighting and what not, one even decided to toss a chair through a window of a passing vehicle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MIrN5DFvJM

Then, Chicago PD gets info that another large group of teens are deciding to congregate at another mall, so as in downtown Indy, we need to turn the area into a police state to keep things peaceful. Thing was in this incident, the kids saw the cops and got right back on the bus and left:

Second City Cop: Mall Warnings

So now the problem has decided to move from downtown Indy, to Broad Ripple, back to downtown, and after the militarization of downtown, up to Castleton, with guns pulled, just no shots fired....yet:

RTV6 - Police respond to fight at Castelton Square Mall - Local Story

Police respond to fight at mall

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...respond-show-force-Castleton-mall-disturbance

Wonder when the first person will be shot and killed in the Castleton food court area? Or how many innocent people will get hit by randomly flying bullets. The politicians wonder why millions are flocking to get guns, it is because they have flat out failed us when it comes to safety. We give billionaires money for their pro-sport teams, we give tax breaks to rich corporations so they will build hotels and retail businesses where most of the employees get paid jack. We have K-12 and public universities dumping money on image and stuff instead of focusing on the primary objective. Every time these incidents happen, the offenders are always repeat customers of the criminal justice system. Two punks killed one guy, shot another, stole a car, etc.. One of the suspect's mother did the right thing and begged the juv. court judge to lock her son up in a cage, but that didn't happen. The other mom claims her delinquent son is a "sweat heart." :rolleyes:

Maybe it is time Simon and other mall owners get really tough on unsupervised folks under 18 years old. No more congregating in groups of five or more, must have adult who is at least 30 years or older, or maybe even the legal guardian with you. Hire off-duty cops in plain clothing, walk with the mall agents, let agents tell the kids to leave the property. When they mouth off, as punks do, arrest for trespass.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Indy, the problem is deeper than that. YOu chase them out of the mall... they'll be causing the same problems somewhere else.

There really needs to be a radical retooling of our society where the punks learn at a very early age that certain behaviour is necessary for a functional society and if you cannot meet those standards then you are going to be set outside of society.

I am not speaking of how long one wears their hair (I had that problem as a teen in the 60s) or what music one listens to. We need to deal with the deeper concerns of hurting innocents and the actual disruption of other's freedoms.

Last edited:

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Kick kids out of the mall? You are really suggesting that? I almost never go to a mall but I know you kick unsupervised teens out of malls you may as well bulldoze those buildings down.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    No deterrent? Crime pays? We are too easy on criminals, "they are poor, helpless, under privileged, uneducated and really heed our sympathy not correction." What BS!!!

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Simple. As we've been arguing all along for not restricting our 2A rights, there are plenty of laws already on the books that deal with thugs and hoodlums like this. The problem is, the laws aren't enforced. That will at least take care of the immediate problem.

Long-term, though, Jack is right. As a society we need to better address the situation. Unfortunately, too many people procreate but then refuse to involve themselves in their kids lives. You have a bunch of thugs and criminals with no oversight and no repercussions for their actions.

Someone will be killed in the near future as a result of these thugs. My only hope is that it ends up being one of their own and the person who does the shooting did so legally in self defense.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    how about applications to have children and forced sterilizations?

I see here, Sir/Madam you dropped out of high school, are unemployed, collect welfare and SNAP and now you want to have kids? Right this way....snip snip

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, my Mom AND Dad taught me respect for others and my Mom AND Dad taught me right from wrong and my Mom AND Dad taught me not to act the fool out in public and my DAD made sure there were memorable consequences if I broke the rules. This are what my kids' Mom AND Dad teach them as well.

Starting to see a theme?....

.....or is that aggressive and insensitive?

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Indy, the problem is deeper than that. YOu chase them out of the mall... they'll be causing the same problems somewhere else.

There really needs to be a radical retooling of our society where the punks learn at a very early age that certain behaviour is necessary for a functional society and if you cannot meet those standards then you are going to be set outside of society.

I am not speaking of how long one wears there hair (I had that problem as a teen in the 60s) or what music one listens to. We need to deal with the deeper concerns of hurting innocents and the actual disruption of other's freedoms.

Bring back PADDY WAGONS, round em up, and toss em all in.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Circle Center nope not shopping there, Lafayette Square, no, how about the one off of Keystone? Noway. Castleton mall maybe? Sorry that ones too dangerous to go to anymore.......I got it, the newest one in Hamilton County, off I 69......that one should be safe for now anyway?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    No deterrent? Crime pays? We are too easy on criminals, "they are poor, helpless, under privileged, uneducated and really heed our sympathy not correction." What BS!!!

DING, DING, DING, we have a winner. While this may or may not be the cause it is definitely why it continues and spreads. I tend to believe the main reason is no parents, no discipline, no nothing....just excuses. Those inner city youth types will forever be a drain on society until the day they die. And of course many will die at a young age at the hand of their fellow inner city youth types. Unfortunately they breed like rats in a grain elevator so they will never be extinct. Pathetic humans they are !!!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Well, my Mom AND Dad taught me respect for others and my Mom AND Dad taught me right from wrong and my Mom AND Dad taught me not to act the fool out in public and my DAD made sure there were memorable consequences if I broke the rules. This are what my kids' Mom AND Dad teach them as well.

Starting to see a theme?....

.....or is that aggressive and insensitive?

Same here!! I can think back on some of the stupid stuff I got caught doing and what the results were once my dad got done with me. It makes gut turn just thinking about it.

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    Same here!! I can think back on some of the stupid stuff I got caught doing and what the results were once my dad got done with me. It makes gut turn just thinking about it.

Yep. Back then it was called PARENTING. Now it is called Child Endangerment, or Child Abuse or some other stupid term that prevents kids from getting the snot knocked out of them by their parents or when they deserve it.

Top Bottom