• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    I am having major problems with Federal ammunition. I purchased a box of 3 inch 20 guage deer slugs back in November to sight my deer gun in. During the second shot the slug become lodged in my barrel. I contacted Federal ammunition and they had me send my weapon and unused ammunition back to them. I contacted my local dealer and informed him of the problem that I had with the ammunition and we looked at the remaining box's that he had in the store and all 13 box's had what appeared to be black powder flakes on the ammunition. All 13 box's were returned to Federal. After a month Federal contacted me and informed me that they had conducted test on the ammunition that we had returned and it was determined that they had a low powder charge from the factory and that was causing the projectiles to become lodged in the barrel. Federal still has not made it right with me over the ammunition and the problems that I had. Any suggestions

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    That is the other problem that I have. I received the weapon back on December 19, 2008 from UPS and the weapon had been damaged during shipping. The weapon was sent to Federal on Novenber 13, 2008. This weapon is a Remington 11-87 premier with enhanced engraving. The weapon was manufactured in 1999 and was new out of the box when the problem occured.The weapon was insured for 1000.00 form UPsD during shipment and I have not received anything from UPS either.:xmad:

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    I have contatcted UPS and Federal both. Both places are dragging their feet. UPS tells me that I have to contact Federal and Federal tells me that UPS has not contacted them. Yesterday I received a call from Federal and they stated that they had contacted UPS. Today I spoke to Federal and they stated that UPS had sent the claim check to the wrong employee and that it might take up to another week. I have not been able to use my weapon since November 13, 2008. UPS and Federal neither one will tell me what the claim amount is for.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Just to keep it straight, when you shipped to Federal, you insured it and packed it, any damage at that point, you would deal with UPS...When Federal shipped it back, they are the shipper and they should deal with UPS as they should have insured it and packed it correctly...not to say that means it wouldn't get damaged, but packing correctly and then having it damage is alot different than a bad pack job then it gets damaged. So it really is on Federal to resolve this for you. As an employee for the guys in brown, my regrets for you damage, situation sounds aggrevating all around...good luck!

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    That would be great if Federal wouls assist me. At this point I feel that neither of them are doing **** for me. Federal keeps telling me that it is UPS and UPS keeps telling me that they can not discuss it with me. I think that they both are forgetting that it is my weapon and not theirs. The only thing that I know for sure is that when this is all over I will never shoot Federal ammunition again and will use another shipper.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    This man needs a good lawyer!!!! Anyone know one that would take a firearms case of this nature? He missed deer season, received flash burns, had an already damaged gun damaged more during shipping, neither companies are willing to make it right for him and last but not least is out of a gun that is no longer made... I think this is a serious problem.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I can tell you from experience. UPS has to be contacted from the shipper. Then UPS will want to see the goods and all packing material. They will "inspect" it and mark all damage places in the packing material ie: bubble wrap then they will tell you that it is not their problem, they will blame it of "Improper packaging" then you will have to contact them and argue to get them to cover it. They will screw around and you might see your money in a few months, if you are lucky.

I know UPS has a Rugby Team, and they practice with the freight on the docks.

Top Bottom