• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mossberg84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    Does anyone know if any stores sells the Mainstay food ration bars? I would like to get some of these to keep in my truck and would rather buy from a local store than an online retailer.

Thanks!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Does anyone know if any stores sells the Mainstay food ration bars? I would like to get some of these to keep in my truck and would rather buy from a local store than an online retailer.

Thanks!

Before you buy them, I hope you have tried them!

I did a taste test of the three major brands (Mainstay, Datrex, and SOS) a few years ago. You should be able to find it here with some searching.

Anyway, the SOS were better by a long shot. Your taste may vary, but you should try them. Yeah, you won't care if you really need them, but why not buy something that tastes a little better if the cost, nutrition, and shelf life are comparable.

Another factor is that all of the servings in the SOS (and I think the Datrex as well) are individually wrapped. The Mainstay is exposed as soon as open the package and while you can rewrap, you can't easily take a few pieces and put the in your pocket like you can with the SOS.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I've tried all three and now another, ER Bar. I got the ER Bar on amazon for about $5 each and they taste better than all of the other ones except the Mainstay but they're very easy to eat if you have water. 3600 calories but high in niacin which isn't an issue unless you react to it.

Top Bottom