• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Magpul Breaks Bad, Continues Sales to LEOs in Ban States | The Truth About Guns

Not as once principled as we thought, are they?

Magpul will continue to sell to the "more equal than others" class of people in Colorado state but still talk about moving their business.

However, what's the point of their move if they continue to do business with whom they said should not have more rights than the individual?

According to Magpul sales manager (in a post at AR15.com) Justin Beard:
    . . . our Distributors are allowed to sell to LEOs in ban states. Our founder has also said regarding LEO restrictions, “We have not considered such a move as we are not convinced that this tactic will have any effect on those in power (they will just buy Israeli or some other generic parts). It also adversely punishes street cops, local sheriffs and individual military members for the actions of those in power. The last thing we want to do is hurt those who support our cause.”
    So, we see that we can support Law Enforcement and Military members while standing up for our convictions and will continue to do everything in our power to protect our inherent rights.

That .gov teat milk sure is sweet, isn't it?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Isn't that just so sweet of them being concerned for the well-being of the officer on the beat but not giving a damn about the rest of the state's citizens. It sounds to me like Magpul needs to become entirely dependent on .gov money while the rest of us spend elsewhere.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Magpul didn't support, encourage or write the unconstitutional laws in those states. They realize that politicians don't give two ****s about police officers and whether or not they have what they need to do the job.

I don't agree with those laws and I support the decisions of many companies who have said they won't sell to those states. The concept isn't close to being clear cut enough for me to hold it against those who still do. The police will still face criminals who possess and continue to acquire illegal weaponry.

If I believed that these companies refusing to sell would make a difference perhaps I would feel differently. Unfortunately it won't. It's like smacking your youngest child in the mouth when the oldest swears at the dinner table. The guilty party could care less.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Magpul will continue to sell to the "more equal than others" class of people in Colorado state but still talk about moving their business.

However, what's the point of their move if they continue to do business with whom they said should not have more rights than the individual?

. . . our Distributors are allowed to sell to LEOs in ban states. Our founder has also said regarding LEO restrictions, “We have not considered such a move as we are not convinced that this tactic will have any effect on those in power (they will just buy Israeli or some other generic parts). It also adversely punishes street cops, local sheriffs and individual military members for the actions of those in power. The last thing we want to do is hurt those who support our cause.”
    So, we see that we can support Law Enforcement and Military members while standing up for our convictions and will continue to do everything in our power to protect our inherent rights.

That .gov teat milk sure is sweet, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how sweet it is since big army doesn't really issue PMAG's but individual units may buy them, their use is somewhat discouraged but they do have a NSN and are not banned. It's much sweeter for brownells who got a 10.7 million dollar contract for the standard aluminum ones.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Isn't that just so sweet of them being concerned for the well-being of the officer on the beat but not giving a damn about the rest of the state's citizens. It sounds to me like Magpul needs to become entirely dependent on .gov money while the rest of us spend elsewhere.

You need to re-read the info on what Magpul is doing. They are offering a TON of magazine to CO residents that want them BEFORE this ban takes effect. And they are moving them to the FRONT of the line. So they ARE looking out for the average joe.

From their Facebook page:

We are proud to announce that within a matter of days we will be going live with a new program. Due to a bill currently moving through the Colorado legislature, there is the possibility that Colorado residents' ability to purchase standard capacity magazines will soon be infringed. Before that happens, and Magpul is forced to leave the state in order to keep to our principles, we will be doing our best to get standard capacity PMAGs into the hands of any Colorado resident that wants them.

Verified Colorado residents will be able to purchase up to ten (10) standard capacity AR/M4 magazines directly from Magpul, and will be given immediate flat-rate $5 shipping, bypassing our current order queue.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

That .gov teat milk sure is sweet, isn't it?

Yeah. I agree. You should stop buying pmags.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Well... call me a statist, but I think Magpul should sell to whomever they want and I don't fault them for it.

Armalite has stated that they won't sell to the states, but will sell to individual LEO's and I don't see anything wrong with that. LEO's are citizens and need equipment to do their jobs. Why give the criminals the upper hand... afterall these laws are making it harder for citizens to protect themselves. Why further put those unprotected citizens in danger by limiting the equipment the LEO's can have?

Besides, while I believe LEO's are unwittingly being conditioned to enforce progressive police state principles... when they have their wits about them and aren't just "following evolved protocol"... they have shown overwhelming support for the 2nd Amendment nation wide. I suspect, that when the time comes... when the rubber meets the road... they will stand up for the principles that we on INGO hold so dear. Should revolution ever happen... I'm willing to gamble that LEO's will be a part of the charge and therefore I hope they get all the **** I can't.

I for one would rather see LEO's soaking up as many "banned" items as possible. There may come a time when we need them. I've seen some of Phylodogs range reports and I'd feel a lot better standing on the stock side of his cross-hairs.

DHS is another ball of wax ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Magpul didn't support, encourage or write the unconstitutional laws in those states. They realize that politicians don't give two ****s about police officers and whether or not they have what they need to do the job.

I don't agree with those laws and I support the decisions of many companies who have said they won't sell to those states. The concept isn't close to being clear cut enough for me to hold it against those who still do. The police will still face criminals who possess and continue to acquire illegal weaponry.

If I believed that these companies refusing to sell would make a difference perhaps I would feel differently. Unfortunately it won't. It's like smacking your youngest child in the mouth when the oldest swears at the dinner table. The guilty party could care less.

Pretty much covers it.
    If there is $$$$$$$$$ to be made then these folks will make it.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    You need to re-read the info on what Magpul is doing. They are offering a TON of magazine to CO residents that want them BEFORE this ban takes effect. And they are moving them to the FRONT of the line. So they ARE looking out for the average joe.

From their Facebook page:

We are proud to announce that within a matter of days we will be going live with a new program. Due to a bill currently moving through the Colorado legislature, there is the possibility that Colorado residents' ability to purchase standard capacity magazines will soon be infringed. Before that happens, and Magpul is forced to leave the state in order to keep to our principles, we will be doing our best to get standard capacity PMAGs into the hands of any Colorado resident that wants them.

Verified Colorado residents will be able to purchase up to ten (10) standard capacity AR/M4 magazines directly from Magpul, and will be given immediate flat-rate $5 shipping, bypassing our current order queue.

That is a fantastic sentament by Magpul, but after the magazine ban goes through won't those same mags that they just sold to all those CO residents be illegal? Thus forcing them to have to get rid of them? Meanwhile Magpul is pulling chocks and gettign the hell out of dodge and setting up in another state.

I mean good on Magpul if/when they decide to pull out of CO for sticking to their principals and all, and offereing magazines to the residents of CO is a sweet idea and all. It just feels like they are cashing in before they run out of the state.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    hey Magpul!! come on up to INDIANA!!! we would love to have an additional couple hundred jobs. That goes for you too Remington... when you going to pull out of Ilion NY and take your 1200 jobs to somewhere you are appreciated???

Tax incentives available.... upon request.... :D

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    That is a fantastic sentament by Magpul, but after the magazine ban goes through won't those same mags that they just sold to all those CO residents be illegal? Thus forcing them to have to get rid of them? Meanwhile Magpul is pulling chocks and gettign the hell out of dodge and setting up in another state.

I mean good on Magpul if/when they decide to pull out of CO for sticking to their principals and all, and offereing magazines to the residents of CO is a sweet idea and all. It just feels like they are cashing in before they run out of the state.

I don't know if they will be allowed to KEEP the ones they already have or not. I have not read all the CO bills. But kudos to Magpul for trying.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    hey Magpul!! come on up to INDIANA!!! we would love to have an additional couple hundred jobs. That goes for you too Remington... when you going to pull out of Ilion NY and take your 1200 jobs to somewhere you are appreciated???

Tax incentives available.... upon request.... :D

I want S&W to leave Mass. and Maine. They are most welcome here. :)

bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    I personally believe them moving and taking jobs, tax revenue and all incidental spending associated with their presence will have a much bigger impact than joining a "no-sell" list. I"m not against such a list, but there will always be someone who will sell, be it domestic or foreign. They can't so easily replace the lost jobs and tax dollars and spending in the community.

I will always choose to support a company who has taken a stand against this tyranny via a "no-sell" list over someone who's not done anything, but I'll support someone who's willing to take their jobs across state lines just as much, if not more.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I can see both sides of the argument. I think what some companys did by not selling to le or agency, s in the commie states is cool. I think magpul putting co. Residents to the front of the line for orders is cool also. Just because they decided to sell to le in commie states is fine with me also. Dont like it dont buy their products. Then maybe I can get my order from december:D

Either way it isn't a big deal imo. They are a good company.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I can see both sides of the argument. I think what some companys did by not selling to le or agency, s in the commie states is cool. I think magpul putting co. Residents to the front of the line for orders is cool also. Just because they decided to sell to le in commie states is fine with me also. Dont like it dont buy their products. Then maybe I can get my order from december:D

Either way it isn't a big deal imo. They are a good company.

you'll still get your orders if and when the bans go thru, go back of the line. :):

Top Bottom