• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    During February 2022 I was able to get a great price on the Magpul D-50 .308 drum for use on the Galil Ace .308 Gen 1 carbine.
    I have 2 steel magazines and 4 P-Mags, each one of them is a 20 round hold.
    When the drum arrived, I inserted into the mag well and found there to be some "play" front to rear but solid lock up.
    Wrote to Magpul. Got the cookie cutter response but a response none the less.

Finally, range day came last Saturday. Drum functioned flawlessly! Heavy to be sure but, 50 rounds of .308 isn't light.
    Unfortunately, the VEPR 308 is limited in available options, as in none available. 1 out of 2 .308's with high round capacity is going to have to be the norm.

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    Purdue98
    I have an AR-10 and use Magpul 25,20,10 and 5 round mags. You are right about weight, the 25 round mag firing standing free hand is a workout. I served as an Infantryman in the Army and I would have hated to hump 7 25 round mags in my LBE. Wonder if the new 6.8 round the Army is going to is as heavy? Have fun with your drum
    Jump62
    aka Paul

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    I didn't even try this drum free standing. I used the shooting bench but if needed, yeah, I would haul this beast around.
    I was an Artilleryman, towed 155 so we traveled by trucks and never had to carry much gear like you front runners.
    From what limited information I have reviewed, I don't think the new round will be as heavy, seems like a polymer casing.
    Leave it to the military minds to mess with a proven system.
    Purdue98
    aka Mike

Top Bottom