• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    What do you all think about this upcoming rifle?

masadaoh4.jpg

undecided

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    It looks like it will be an awesome platform but Magpul sold the rights to it. Now the Masada is the Bushmaster ACR.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    308?! I am for sure in if that is the case. The only problem will be the magwell. I think I saw a picture somewhere once of a larger magwelled version but I don't know if that was just a prototype.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    It is going tobe 5.56 for the start. However they are also planning on 7.62x39, 6.5, and 6.8 if i remember correctly. It uses standard AR mags for the 5.56 and AK mags arebeingplanned for the 7.62.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Sort of weird. Ill stick to my AR thanks! They mention low cost. Arent these monstrocities going for much much more than an AR? I mean, it looks cool, probably works amazing, but really, Do I want to spend thousands on yet another rifle that I will have to become intimate with (not just, well, I shot it a few times) and burden myself with yet another rifle? Sort of strange. Plus the darn waiting list will be enormous. That thing will be first on the ban list :(.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I REALLY like the modularity of the rifle. The fact that you can switch out barrels in a few seconds really appeals to me. It means I'm not set to one type of Ammo. While I'm not ADVERSE to using one type, it would be nice to be able to swtich.

Situation/Mission will dictate type thing, you know?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Sort of weird. Ill stick to my AR thanks! They mention low cost. Arent these monstrocities going for much much more than an AR? I mean, it looks cool, probably works amazing, but really, Do I want to spend thousands on yet another rifle that I will have to become intimate with (not just, well, I shot it a few times) and burden myself with yet another rifle? Sort of strange. Plus the darn waiting list will be enormous. That thing will be first on the ban list :(.

Aside from the low cost, these are all reasons why I want to have one!

1. Looks cool. Ok probibly the lowest on the list.

2. Works amazing.

3. Sure I would LOVE to burden myself with another rifle!

4. If it will be banned I must have it. Would have loved to be around when they started putting the NFA laws in. I can just see it now.................April 1968-"Sure, I guess I'll buy that overpriced M16! I'll pay an extra couple hundred bucks before they ban these things.":D

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    If they make it in 7.62x39, looks like I got two rifles to get rid of (AR AND AK). :D

There are replaceable lowers and a quick change barrel system. Swap the lower (the SN is on the upper, so the lower isn't considered the gun), the barrel and the mag and it is 5.56, 5.45x29, 7.62x39, etc.

I want one pretty badly, but of course that all depends on how I feel about it once I have it in hand. I wanted an FNP-45 pretty badly, until I shot one.

Top Bottom