• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The business thing to do would be wait and see if the current administration does anything gun wise. Makes no real sense to bring out a rifle only to have the tooling go unused due to a ban on certain features. The others are right as well: Many police departments have TOO much invested in the AR platform and the military as well. If a ban passes, the ACR wont have AS MUCH of an interest, maybe a few departments, but not the military currently and not too many police departments (heck, some of those outfits are cutting back spending, why nix something that works: the AR).

That ACR is looking good though!

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Are you Police?

They aren't producing anything. They originally said it will be for the people. Then they said "Hey, our boys overseas are more important, aren't they?" and noone can argue with that. That's after they sold it to Bushmaster and it's conglomerate in hopes that BFI can pull themselves up a little higher in the food chain. If they can't, they'll most likely dump it as the public is nowhere near the potential cash cow the government could be.

You'll only see civilian rifles if they can amortize the cost into long running .gov contracts. They aren't going to produce the tooling and molds just to kick out a few thousand rifles to satisfy the current civilian "want" for the rifle.

BFI still claims, along with Magpul, that they don't even know what the Army will be looking for. All they are doing now is playing with their demos they've built. According to them they will wait for specs so they don't have to change anything.

Consider yourself lucky- the SCAR will come down below $2k by the time the ACR even gets moving again.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Wouldn't the difference between the civi rifle and military be a sear and a little paint? They still would produce the rifle for the world, we would just get the semi auto version. How long do they plan to wait? I'm not police but I was hoping to get one of these. Eh, I'll just settle for the SCAR-L when they come down.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Yes, it might. But since they haven't started building ANY rifles yet and won't until they know what the ARMY wants or may want, there's nothing to release to us yet. When they find out they'll waste their time with the ARMY, they'll scrap the whole thing. It won't be worth making tooling or molds for them just for us little people.

turnandshoot- next time I head to JP I'll pick ya up along the way, how's that?

Top Bottom