• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    When I lived in that god forsaken state I used a machete to trim my hedges...now I'd be arrested for lawn maintenance.

As for MS-13 it just goes to show you it's the person not the tool.

I have a Mexican fighting machete that I picked up down there in the '70's and would not want to use it to fight someone with a bat...In fact I don't think I've actually used it for anything. More of a wall hanger than a tool. Pretty though.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Well, there's such a problem with machete's in NY you know. Scores of people killed and butchered.

State wide search for this guy right now:

machete_2.jpg

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    What about axes and hatchets/tomahawks aren't they "deadly" too?

Stupid mentality out there - blaming tools for the actions of people. Violence is a behavior, not a tool.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    They've been illegal in MA for years.

The weapon of choice for MS-13, I hear.

When I lived in that god forsaken state I used a machete to trim my hedges...now I'd be arrested for lawn maintenance.

As for MS-13 it just goes to show you it's the person not the tool.

I have a Mexican fighting machete that I picked up down there in the '70's and would not want to use it to fight someone with a bat...In fact I don't think I've actually used it for anything. More of a wall hanger than a tool. Pretty though.

Bull Honkery! I had to look it up. I mean I have heard of several home invasions using machetes around here over the last 3-4 years so I had to check. Switchblades? Now those are illegal in MA.

Lots of crappy laws here.....I wonder if the MA house has introduced a bill to keep up.

Hey was that fighiing machete angle and had a little notch ? Allegedly for the jugular? A bunch of etchings?

Tewksbury Capture.jpg

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    But yet with a license you can carry a handgun.

I don't understand the state's laws... They're all or nothing with some massive holes. Even for a protectionist they'd have to be baffling.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    But yet with a license you can carry a handgun.

I don't understand the state's laws... They're all or nothing with some massive holes. Even for a protectionist they'd have to be baffling.

The laws we have are very vague in their language as well. Licenses issued by the state but restricted (or not) by the local chief or sheriff whichever applies where you live.

And of course the obligatory, mostly correct overstatement:

everything is illegal in massachusetts - Bing video

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Hey was that fighiing machete angle and had a little notch ? Allegedly for the jugular? A bunch of etchings?

Well, lots of etchings, chrome blade, silver handle with bone inserts and a Trojan style head ala 300. Other than that pretty standard blade, no notch.

One side says "da estimacion es la amor de la cabeza" the other says "Es major cargar el muerto y no ocupar el ataud". If I were going into a fight with a blade though I've got a dozen other swords I'd choose first.

Top Bottom