• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Could be cool for High Power matches. It would be authentic, that's for sure.

I always liked the look at the VN era M-16. I even thought of building one myself.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    i saw that in the catalog they sent me the other day. I was just searching for the triangle handguards a couple weeks ago, and there are a few sites that carry those kits, some with barrels as well. Didn't really pay attention to the prices, I was just brainstorming that an original AR would be neat to own. Don't need it to be 100% accurate, but I think those kits are the way to go.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Seems a little steep for what you get and the reviews were not too good. Here's a pic of me with my Retro AR at last years Indy 1500. Reminds me, I need a new Calendar.

405358522.jpg

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Does anyone know where to get just the triangular guards? I can build a replica if I can just find those

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Seems a little steep for what you get and the reviews were not too good. Here's a pic of me with my Retro AR at last years Indy 1500. Reminds me, I need a new Calendar.

That's a nice looking AR!

Does anyone know where to get just the triangular guards? I can build a replica if I can just find those

I "Googled" them awhile back and found a few sources. Try ar15sport.com.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have one of these similar but from Sarco some years back.

Turned out great for what it had cost back then. Maybe $325 or 375 without lower but everthing else.

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i could be wrong, but i thought it was against the law to have full auto parts in a semi auto gun, i know you can have a full auto bcg, but the kit has a auto safety,auto hammer,auto disconector, and i would guess it has a auto trigger,(i cant see all of the trigger)

so all your really getting is a upper,stock,handguards, and a few lower parts, can owning a ar15 along with m16 parts be considered "intent"?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    i could be wrong, but i thought it was against the law to have full auto parts in a semi auto gun, i know you can have a full auto bcg, but the kit has a auto safety,auto hammer,auto disconector, and i would guess it has a auto trigger,(i cant see all of the trigger)

so all your really getting is a upper,stock,handguards, and a few lower parts, can owning a ar15 along with m16 parts be considered "intent"?
    THIS^^^^^^^^^

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I found triangle handguards on ebay several years ago for a retro build (sort of). I completed the upper with an HBAR though and have everything for the lower but never found time to complete it. Of course the receiver has the brass deflector also.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Are you saying it is intent?

no, i'm not, BUT i'm not the atf! i dont make rules about the legality of firearms, the atf thinks that if you have fully assembled lower (with a stock) and a fully assembled pistol upper, BUT not put together, that thats intent to make a sbr

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    no, i'm not, BUT i'm not the atf! i dont make rules about the legality of firearms, the atf thinks that if you have fully assembled lower (with a stock) and a fully assembled pistol upper, BUT not put together, that thats intent to make a sbr

Everyone knows all of that.

I don't understand why you and other put: "^^^^^^This^^^^^^^" in the replies. What are you saying?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have one that's basically a Colt 602 or M16E1 with the triangle handguard, 12:1 C MP (Colt) barrel, no forward assist, three-way flash enhancer etc. You can get all kinds of parts at the gun show. When I got the original rifle it had all M16 parts except the sear, and I was given to understand that was OK. Now, if I had a drop-in auto sear or drilled a hole for a real one, I could see an objection. Of course I may be all wrong here.

Top Bottom