• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The receiver was built by Springfield Armory. The serial number puts it at June, 1942.

It is out of CMP. CMP put it at Service Grade. That seems accurate based on their grade criteria. I picked it up from another INGO member...seems to be a good guy.

None of the furniture looks to be new replacement.

M is 3
    T is 2

There are better ones out there, obviously, but I expect it will be a good shooter. Another I have from the Korean era has similar M and T. It consistently groups 2" at 100. Steel torso is routine out to 400yds. Hopefully this one will have similar performance.

Open to input, criticism, etc.

When I saw what has been happening to carbines lately, as well as the current environment, I thought it might be a good time to pick up another.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Got to tell you ,collecting and shooting garands can be very addicting [as i have learned} just glad most of mine were purchased in late 70's and 80's, gonna need to add a m1c or m1d to you know!!!!

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    I kick myself in the arass every time I see one of these. I had a chance years ago to buy on cheap and didn't. I've got a 1941 Inland carbine and a Grand would be a nice big brother to it.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    As a kid my Dad ordered a GI .45 from the NRA magazine delivered by the mailman for $25, M1 Carbines were $16 ea, I don’t remember the M-1 prices, but my Dad got, and I have now, a Springfield US Government, Oct 1941production for $55 in 1963 from a Detroit Pawn shop.
    I wish I knew how much it’s worth as he hunted with it for fifty years.
    He let me shoot it once when I was ten and it knocked me off the picnic table we were using at the time.
    I oil it twice a year. Put it back in the safe.

Top Bottom