• Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    I have had both. They are both great guns but the M&P9c is too thick for my taste for an EDC. I sold the 9c but kept the Shield 9mm, I have never looked back.

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I have a 9c that I carry in a foxx hybrid holster. I'm about 140 soaking wet and it hides okay in summer clothes. I'm debating getting a shield but I'm a lefty so not having ambi controls really throws me off.

The good thing about the shield is it that it sells for a stupid amount new or used so I vote get one and try it out. If you don't like it sell it on armslist for a profit

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I carry a FS M&P9 (VTAC) everyday and it feels fine and haven't been 'outed' yet for printing. IWB. I've been wanting a Shield 9 for quite some time though. After handling the 9c, it just wasn't as much a size difference from my FS to validate getting it VS the Shield. I've yet to even handle a Shield though, so my only concern will be if it's too small in my hands. It's not that I have big hands. I've found that guns with large grips feel great to shoot and give me more control. After using my small backstrap for awhile I moved to the large and haven't looked back. My heart is in it for the Shield though.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Handled both the Shield and the 9C (still haven't shot either) at US Defense Solutions today. Think I have decided on the Shield for CC, and the price will be a little easier for the wife to accept. Maybe eventually I'll add a 9C and/or FS to the collection.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Handled both the Shield and the 9C (still haven't shot either) at US Defense Solutions today. Think I have decided on the Shield for CC, and the price will be a little easier for the wife to accept. Maybe eventually I'll add a 9C and/or FS to the collection.

what price was the shield?

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I have a friend who has a 9mm Shield for sale! I've shot her sister's M&P9c....but I would buy the Shield over the M&P9c! It just fits me better and I like the slimmer frame!

Ruspath

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    It's too bad we can't try them out before we buy them. For me it comes down to what one is comfortable with a carry gun versus the range/night table gun, the size of my average hands, and point ability within the max of 20 feet for a carry gun. I had a 40c same size, but it was pretty thick for a IWB for comfort and I dread print ability especially when it's warm. Plus the WOW factor of what excites us. Carry guns are like cameras. The best one is the one you have on you, and to practice real life drills as to its use. I know it is not a really popular pistol, and it had a rocky rollout, but I picked the Beretta Nano. Relatively thin, simple, 100% 500 rounds with all ammo types, and it is one with my hand for point shooting. Good for me. Figured it out after I bought it and used it. Really no way to know before hand. I have traded in guns that felt good in the shop but didn't follow through at he range. Thank goodness for all the options. It does make it confusing, but we have never had it so good. 80s could be rough. Anybody remember the AMT 380 Back Up? Wife had to have it. A complete dog, not even a pawn shop wanted it!

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    A friend of mine just got the Shield for $359+$15 shipping+$15 transfer fee for $389 total from Palmetto State Armory. Don't know if they still have that sale or not.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    1st) I picked bacon, cause, well, it's bacon.
    2nd) I own 9mm shield & .45 M&Pc. Shield is easier to conceal, the 45c prints pending clothing. If I'm wearing baggier clothing, I go with 45c (90% of time), else the shield.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    I have all three (fs, c, shield) in .40. I like all three but don't shoot the fs as well as the others. Im not a trigger snob so no apex parts. Yet. I might try them sometime. One thing is I have yet to find an IWB holster that I find comfortable for the shield. Ive tried a Fox and a DeSantis. Both pinch my side and I cant get a good grip while drawing with either.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    My EDC went from the MP9c, to the Shield, to a Glock 19. I have no intentions of retiring the G19, but I do want to pick up another shield for when I would prefer a smaller, single stack, to carry.

MP9c is a great gun, and so is the Shield. I have pretty big hands, and the shield fit me surprisingly well. Since you have a FS as your EDC, it seems like the logical choice would be a Shield.

Top Bottom