• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm contemplating buying a compensated striker fired 9mm. Either the new Spec series or a production model and just add the compensator. The Spec series is close to $1000
    00 and the base production handgun is $560.00 for just the handgun. What should I get?. I also came across a CZ P10F same as the M&P for $470.00.what should I get?

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Spec Series is an aluminum frame + extra 23 round mags vs the polymer base CORE gun with 2 mags.

I have the 4.25" aluminum frame gun and have noticed that it shoots a little flatter than the 4.25" polymer so are the extra mags, aluminum frame, spec series doo dads, and 2 more extended mags worth $400? Potentially, but I'm admittedly an M&P fan :-).

I would do the spec series if it were me. Good Luck!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I had an M&P 2.0 Metal standard model. Not really impressed with it. It’s not truly a fully metal frame, but a weird mix of aluminum with polymer frame under the swappable backstraps. Actually recoils a bit harsher than the standard polymer frame 2.0 model. I traded it off.

Threaded barrels for the M&P 2.0 are anywhere from $150-$200 or so, depending on brand. I’d get a standard poly frame 2.0 and build it out as you like.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I love the M&P series and carried a M&P 2.0 4.5" for a couple years before I switched to P365 X Macro.

But I also think the CZ P10 series might be the best deal in the handgun market these days.

Top Bottom